Chapter 3 | First Grief

Trigger warning:
This chapter contains depiction of suicide that some readers may find disturbing or upsetting. Proceed at your own discretion.

IT was already midnight when Hailee made sure Arthur fell asleep. Nang alam niyang malalim na ang tulog ng lalaki, agad siyang bumangon mula sa kama at nagbihis.

It was 6 months already when they started their relationship and ever since then, Hailee has never been more careful.

And it must remain that way because up until now, Arthur doesn't know what she is.

All he knows is that Hailee work freelance for companies and he never delves too much into her personal life when she told him that she is an orphan.

Arthur lost his parents when he was young so he tried to console Hailee the moment she brought it up. He knows the feeling of losing loved ones and Hailee felt guilty that Arthur had to reopen a sad memory of his for a lie she just told him.

Naging maingat si Hailee sa paglabas sa unit ni Arthur para hindi niya magising ito dahil alam niyang pipilitin siya nitong manatili at hindi niya ito matatanggihan na isa sa mga pinoproblema niya.

Because Hailee can't afford to let him know about who she really is, she has to find time to do her job as a cupid while spending time with Arthur.

Most of the time, Hailee does her job when Arthur goes to work or while he's asleep but never when they are together, causing delay in finishing her envelopes.

By this time, the higher ups probably noticed what she is up to lately.

Just as she unclutched my hand on the knob, a strong gust of wind rustled behind her. Hailee shuddered when she felt the sharp gust of wind through her shoulders.

And in that moment, Hailee knows that what she expected is right.

"You probably see this coming, aren't you?"Virgo monotonously stated while his arms are crossed. Despite that, Hailee can tell he was pissed.

Kahit puno ng takot, nilingon niya ito habang tanging ilaw lang mula sa buwan lang ang mayroon siya para maaninag ang mukha ni Virgo.

Just by his silhouette, you can trace annoyance in his furrowed thick brows and clenched jaw.

'But I have the guts to be in a relationship with a human so I don't have the right to be afraid now.' saad ni Hailee sa isip.

"Are you not six months late already?"buong tapang niyang tanong na halatang mas nagpagigil sa kay Virgo.

Nilingon nito ang pintuan na pinanggalingan ni Hailee bago ibinalik ang tingin sa babae.

"You know that interacting with humans is prohibited and yet you dare make love with one?"he sarcastically asked. He made sure he emphasized word by word and Hailee can hear that he was more than disgusted.

"It's done, Virgo. What are you supposed to do about it?" Hailee was supposed to walk past him when Virgo held her wrist. Agad napapitlag si Hailee pero hindi ito natinag at pinaharap ang babae sa kanya.

"Our existence relies on this mere lust. You know the moment he finds out we're cupids, we are bound to cease!"

"It's not lust."Hailee freed myself from his hold and pushed him but as always, he didn't budge. "I love Arthur."

"But loving him is a risk, Hailee. Especially for you! You probably don't care but anytime now, they will reprimand you."babala ni Virgo at rinig ni Hailee ang pag-aalala sa tinig nito.