Chapter 9 | Takeoff

IT was already two weeks since the fiasco at the confererence room happened.

Hailee's brows are furrowed as she looked onto the papers Nathan presented to her this morning.

"Their plan to take you out as CEO didn't work so they used the tactic I did and bought small shares from the board."Nathan explained while pointing to the breakdown of the current company shares.

"Emilah gained 10.7% within two weeks from scratch and I bet she is winning over other boards by making them think I am incompetent."Hailee sighed and pursed her lips before looking up at Nathan who was just as concerned. "Afterall, they can only trust a Hernandez."

"If this continues, she might get half of the shares by the end of the month."he said.

Napasapo siya sa mukha at napabuntong-hininga muli.

The company was never hers in the first place but she couldn't just hand over what Arthur built to someone he loathed so much. Especially Emilah.

Binalikan niya muli ang mga papeles at nahinto nang madako ang tingin ko sa isang pangalan.

Hold on.

Emilah isn't the only Laxamana the boards will trust...

"Book me a trip to overseas."Hailee reluctantly stated.

"Overseas?"pinaghalong lito at sarkasmo ang tinig ni Nathan. "Isn't it a bad timing now that we're in a middle of corporate feud?"

Napatayo si Hailee mula sa swivel at itinuro ang pangalan sa papel. Tinignan naman ito ni Nathan at bumalik ang tingin sa kanya.

"You're meeting Eula? Arthur's niece?"

She sighed and nodded. "If Emilah is using their family name then might as well use it against her."

Pinakititigan siya ni Nathan.

"But Eula hasn't been showing herself for two years. And no one knows how she has been doing."

"I know."

"How can you be sure that she will comply with whatever request you ask of her? Emilah is still the matriarch of their family."

"Look, Arthur hated his family but trusted her enough to give her ¼ of Rielas shares. I'm sure she will not let it fall on the hands of Emilah. Both of them were disowned and kicked out because of her."

Nathan stared at her like he was setting up a debate in his mind.

"Look, I am sure she will not reject my offer."Hailee stated and smiled which instantly made him look more at ease.

"What are you offering her?"he said while she gave him a hesitant look.

==

NEXT morning, the sun was scorching hot when Nathan pulled over at the airport.

"You know I can drive, right?"Hailee said, trying to pull out her luggage from the trunk when a hand gently removed her clutch to the handle and lifted the luggage himself.

"You know I am now your executive assistant, right?"Nathan mimicked her voice as he lifted her remaining luggages. "Why do you have so many damn things? Don't tell me you're migrating?"he grunted before finally closing the trunk.

"It's a woman thing you wouldn't understand."saad ni Hailee bago hatakin ang isang maleta at naglakad na patungo sa loob ng airport. Dinig naman niya ang pagmamadali ni Nathan na buhatin ang ibang bags at nagmamadaling l sumunod sa kanya.