Chapter 5 | Paradise of the Lost

HAILEE is on the verge of bawling her eyes out.

When she thought that she cannot be scared anymore because she has nothing else to lose, she was wrong.

She is now fearing for her dear life.

She expected that Nathan brought a car but instead he offered her a ride on his motorbike, to which she accepted, but it was honestly one of the most regrettable decisions she has ever made.

"IS SLOWING DOWN NOT ON YOUR VOCABULARY?!" sigaw niya rito pero mukhang hindi siya narinig dahil mas lalo pa itong humarurot sa highway.

Hailee had no choice but to encircle her arms on his waist and she shrieked when the motorbike slightly went out of the lane.

"Hey, are you crazy?!" Hailee shouted but Nathan just chuckled.

"Easy, we'll be there in no time!" Nathan shouted back while still laughing at her.

Hailee wanted to get off but it was her who agreed on talking to him in the first place so she has no one else to blame.

Mas lalo l na lang niyang hinigpitan ang pagkakapit kay Nathan at gaya kanina, muntikan na namang mawala sa linya ang motor.

"What's your problem?!" di na natiis ni Hailee ang mainis. Bahagya siyang nilingon ni Nathan bago ibinalik ang tingin sa daan.

"May kiliti kasi ako dyan." anito dahilan para mapamaang siya. Doon natanto ni Hailee ang tinutukoy nito. Mabilis niyang tinanggal ang braso sa baywang ng lalaki at kumapit na lang sa leeg nito.

"H-hey! Are you mad?! Mamamatay tayo sa ginagawa mo!" sigaw ni Nathan at tinanggal ang kamay niya sa leeg nito at ibinalik sa kanyang baywang.

"Haven't you done this before?!" sigaw ni Nathan.

"Of course not and this is not the perfect first experience I need!"

Narinig ni Hailee itong tumawa at may sinabi pang iba pero hindi na niya ito narinig kaya hindi na siya nagsalita pa. Napapikit na lang siya nang mariin habang halos liparin na sila ng hangin sa bilis magmaneho ni Nathan.

He said that he wants to go to the place that holds so many precious memories to him. Hailee thought he misses the country so much given the evident excitement of his as if he is running out of time.

Nang makalabas sila ng highway, bumagal na ang pagpapatakbo ni Nathan sa motor kaya nakahinga na si Hailee nang maluwag. She thought riding a motorcycle would give an adrenaline rush but instead, it gave her a phobia.

Hailee barely looked at her side and only looked at Nathan's wide shoulders all throughout the ride but when she finally got to look around, she instantly regretted what she said.

"Don't tell me your eyes are closed, woman. The view is pretty here, you know."

"My eyes are wide open," Hailee gasped, looking at the view she is seeing. They are near the edge of the city so despite that it is almost dark, they can clearly see the land and sky blend in twilight. "This is beautiful." Hailee uttered under her breath.

Kita pa rin ang siyudad sa di kalayuan at kung titignan, para itong isang malaking diyamante habang sinisikatan ng papalubog ng araw.

Living in the cities for so long can really make someone feel something just by smelling the scent of grass taken by the wind that dances with every skin of yours and strands of your hair. It makes you feel great seeing things you taken granted mostly.

Hailee can feel that is starting to get colder but she doesn't mind at all. It is as if she do les not care at all as long as she is inside this new world she is in.