Chapter twenty three

Elsa POV

I went into the bathroom and took a long shower, soaking in all the steam.

Once I was done, I felt a lot better.

I dried my blonde hair and put it into its normal braid.

I put on a pair of leggings and an old t-shirt with Maroon 5 on it.

I was about to walk back into my room when I heard a knock at the door.

I froze.

What if it was.... Jack?

No, nope he doesn't like me anymore.

Does he?

It's not Jack. It's not Jack. It's not-

I opened the door.

It was Jack.

Great. I just bawled my eyes out over you and now you show up at my door?

Amazing luck right?

Jack POV

I needed to apologize.

Why does this always happen to us??

I drove to her house and knocked on the door.

She opened it and looked at me, her arms crossed protectively around her stomach.

She will always be my little nervous wreck.

She has so many problems that she doesn't deserve.

She needs someone to depend on and always be there for her.

Which just happens to be me.

Yet she feels like a burden for depending on me. She wants to please everyone because she can never please herself.

"Jack, I get it. I'm too much of a burden, I just get into everyone's way and bring bad luck to whoever crosses paths with me. You don't deserve that Jack," she said sadly.

"But Elsa, you aren't a burden. I wish that our relationship were actually better. I feel like we apologize so many times to each other. We need to learn to just be open with each other instead of running away from our problems with each other," I said.

"Jack, that's the problem. I can't stop running from everything. It's how I deal with my problems," she said.

"Elsa, we can learn that. I love you but our relationship is getting worse and worse. I need you and you need me even more," I said.

She seemed to have no answer to this.

Finally she said

"I-- love you too Jack. And I completely agree with you," she replied.

"So can I come in?" I said smiling.

She smiled slightly and let me in.

Elsa POV

He was right.

All my reasoning was based on my stupid teenage hormonal issues.

Why am I so messed up?

Jack loves me and I love him.

I just needed to see that.

I glanced over to check the clock.

5:32

"Jack? Are you hungry? We can order pizza," I asked.

"Uhhhhh sure," he said, sounding distracted.

I had just picked up the phone when Jack slid into the kitchen in his sock feet.

He was waving his arms in circles, trying desperately to regain his balance.

It was a fruitless attempt, really.

He crashed into the refrigerator with a deafening crash.

He groaned and fell back against the floor.

I stood completely still for a second, processing what had just happened.

He still lay sprawled out on the floor.

I stared at him.

But I started smiling. Soon my face was red and my stomach hurt from laughing at him. I was laughing so hard that no noise came out.

It was an experience that I hadn't had in a while.

I was rolling on the floor and laughing so hard that I was crying.

By this time he had just peeled himself off the floor and was standing up, frowning.

He rubbed his back and groaned.

He stared at me on the floor, laughing at his crash. He continued to frown.

Slowly, it was becoming obvious that he was trying to hold back a smile. His face was contorting into strange facial expressions that made me laugh even harder.

Soon he was in the floor too, laughing his butt off.

And that was only the beginning.