Chapter 8

Author's Note: Please Get This Chapter To At least 50 Votes😩‼️

It's currently Sunday night and I'm thinking of what to say to Chris tomorrow. I decided to go to sleep because I was barely getting any sleep at all and it will stress out the babies.

~Next morning~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Stupid alarm. I woke up stretching quickly doing my morning routine after having morning sickness and since I was pregnant with twins it was two times worse than a normal pregnancy. After throwing up multiple times I decided I should get dressed.

I finished my morning routine and went into my closet to find a suit of clothes to wear to work today. I found a white and nude pink dress.

The top piece was white lace and the skirt part was nude pink. I match that with nude heels and I just comb my hair from how it was since the charity ball.

My make up was natural it was nude pink lipstick with pink peach eye shadow with some highlights and mascara my eyes lashes are naturally long so I don't need any falsies.

Taking up my purse which contains things that I think is necessary to carry around on me. In my purse, there was my phone, my wallet, a Chapstick, an inhaler and my house key.

I left home to go to The Knight Inc. it took me twenty minutes. I was ten minutes early. I parked the car in the parking that reserved for the personal assistant. I was the only one allowed to use the private elevator besides Mr Knight since this is his. It led you straight across his office.

When I arrived on my destined floor I exited the elevator and walked straight across the hallway and knocked on Mr Knight's office door.

I knew he was in there because he usually comes in at six before everyone. The only person that's might be there at that time will be the janitor but usually, he leaves by five.

I waited for a reply but didn't get any so I raised my hand to knock once more but I was stopped when I heard a faint but deep husky voice saying 'come in'.

I opened the door and entered the office closing it on my way to the chair that was located by Mr Knight's desk. He was not in there though.

I sat there for five minutes and was contemplating on getting up I going on a search for him but he walked out of his bathroom that he had in his office. He was tying his tie or I should say making an attempt to tie his tie.

I stood up and strode across to him where he stood by the blackouts glass wall he had. I really like this wall it was made where you can see what's going on outside on the streets but whoever is outside on the streets can not see what is going on in here.

When I was standing in from him I took the tie from his hand and tied it for him. There was complete silence between the two of us. You could feel the tension it was so thick that a knife could cut through it.

I did what I had to do and then I went and took a seat where I was currently sitting.
He took a seat in his seat as well and powered on his laptop while I just say there. He never once looked at me so I did what I thought was best since he wasn't going to do it.

I broke the silence since I had a purpose of coming in here which was not to work.

"Good morning Mr Knight."

"Good morning Ms Winters. How may I help you after you just helped me?"

"I have something to ask for."

"And what will that be?"

"I would like to resign."

His head suddenly jerked up from his laptop he was shocked his eyes were wide it was like if I told him he was my babies, daddy. But he immediately changed back his expression to the one he usually always have the one where he shows no emotions at all.

"Is it the pay?"

"Not it's not."

"It's okay if it is I can raise your pay just call a price."

"I don't want your money I have enough. I am financially stabled. Plus my pay is already ten thousand a month so I don't need any more that is more than enough but that's not why I want to resign it's personal."

He sighed.

I was shocked he was willing to raise my pay I thought he would've just agreed I guess he probably didn't want to lose me as of how hard I work, unlike his past personal assistants that he had.

He agreed after taking a moment to himself to think about it. I officially do not work at the Knight Incorporation for Mr Christopher Knight which in other words mean as of today I am jobless.