Chapter 13

Authors Note:

Hello My Fellow Loyal'&'New Readers🙂 I'd Like To Thank You All For Being Patient With Me🙏 I Really Appreciate You All🤝 I Don't Have An Exact Reason For Not Updating Except Lack Of Motivation 😩 But I'll Try To Update More Often From Now On🤞 I'll Try My Best🙃❤

Recap:

Maybe I should ask Ms. Powell she might know since she came looking for them, I decided why not call her in my office to ask her whose kids they were. Since I wanted to see Valentina, I called her in too.

My head snapped towards the door when I heard a knock on it.

"Enter." I watched them both walked in looking nervous but mostly Valentina, "Please do have a seat."

"I have a question for you Ms. Powell."

"Go right ahead and ask Mr Knight."

~~~ Valentina's Pov ~~~

A question I never wanted to hear him ask, "Who's kids were those that you came for earlier?"

Chapter 13🙃

~~~ Valentina's Pov~~~

My head snapped up to him at what he asked.

"They are a friend of mine."

I watched Amy and muttered a thank you to her for lying to save me and she returned a small smile in return.

"Okay, you may leave."

He sounded so unconvinced, but we didn't bother we were exciting the office when I heard him speak to me.

"Ms. Wells, can you stay for a moment please."

Amy and I shared eye to eye contact and then she exited the office.

I turned with my back against the door and said,

"Yes, Mr Knight?"

"Cut out the formality please."

"Okay, how may I help you si- Christopher?"

"Do you know who's kids they are?"

"No, I- I don't know?" It sounded more like a question,

"Then how about you go and get your kid from the daycare? I'd love to meet her or her."

"Ummm yeah sure."

I think he could have sensed some sort of hesitation, but he did not say or do anything but sit in his seat.

I opened to door and went to Amy's desk and got Kaitlyn. Since she looks like me more compared to Kaiden who looks like a mini version of his father, I decided to carry her alone.

"Kaitlyn mommy is going to carry you by a friend. Okay, baby?"

"Yes, mommy but can brother come too?"

"No honey Kaiden can't come."

"Okay, mommy."

I lifted her and held her to my waist and carried her to Christopher's office. I knocked then entered when I hear him say "come in".

He turned around from gazing out r at the city from the glass wall with his hands in his pants pockets.

His face immediately softened when he saw Kaitlyn. I saw him look from me to her a few times probably watching our features.