𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟺 - 𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛

♡

" Asma" I hear Adanan's voice buzz in my ear.

I gracefully open my eyes and see him leaning over me. He smiles.

" Asalamu Alaikum my darling" he gently strokes my cheek.

" Wa' Alaikumu Salaam"  I softly say afraid that morning breathe might ruin this cute moment.

I pull the duvet over my head. 

"I made you breakfast" he says placing a tray on the bed.

I look at the plate and smile. Two waffles with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. The whipped cream forms the shape of a heart and diced strawberries trace the heart.

"Wow!" I say. "Now would you look at this. Chef Adanan!" I smile. "This looks so yummy, when was this delivered?" 

Adanan playfully pats me on the shoulder. " I made this for you" 

"Mmmm" I smile. 

I get up slowly and sit up straight. We begin to eat. Adanan feeds me from his waffle and I do the same. I laugh at how ironic this was. This was Adanan and my favourite breakfast.

I almost forget that my hair is ruffled and I have drool leaking from my mouth. I laugh in the moment. 

"What's so funny?" He asks.

"My hair" 

Adanan laughs. "Waffled up" 

We laugh. 

After we finish eating,  Adanan begins to tickle me profusely. I jump out of bed in an attempt to escape his tickle attack, but he is too quick for me. I land on the floor and I am trapped. He tickles me as I laugh like a little toddler. 

"I just ate!" I protest through the laughing. He is adamant. 

Adanan helps me get up from the floor and carries me to bed. He hands me a pillow and I nod knowing exactly what to do. 

Pillow fight! 

I get out of bed with ruffled hair and check my phone. Someone had been calling for the last hour and I simply ignored the call. I tapped my phone to see who the caller was.

Oh no.

My dad.

I look to Adanan and whisper my father's name. He nods and gestures me to call back. I press re-dial. The phone rings.

"Asalamu Alaikum Asma" I hear my fathers voice on the other end.

"Wa'alaikumu salaam" I say. "Sorry-" I begin. "I saw you called..."

"Yes. Were you busy?" He asks.

"Umm, yes " I quickly say.

" Umm..  your mother and I are hosting a dinner tonight. To celebrate Yahya's arrival.  I thought Adanan and you might like to come" he says.

" That would be lovely. What time? " I ask. 

"Half six for seven"