𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 9- Asma's accident

♡ 

"You don't really seem happy to see me" Zaid said with a smirk across his face. "Was I that easy to forget?" he looks at me through the rear-view mirror.

I shift uncomfortably in the back seat.

"Just drive" I say.

"You've always been so hot-headed. I love it" he retorts.

"I'm paying you to take me to my mother's house and you will do that. This isn't a reunion"

"You're quite pissed for a newlywed. Is Adanan not satisfying you? Where is the bastard?" he turns on the radio.

"Watch your mouth!" I yell. "Or you'll regret it"

"What are you gonna do, princess?" He asks.

I remain silent.

"Does he know about us?" Zaid says while changing lanes.

"Us?" I say looking out of the window. "There is no us. There has never been an us"

"I can give you what he can't" Zaid says picking up speed.

"Right" I sarcastically say. "Rides with your Uber car. Meal vouchers at KFC. What more?" I ask.

He snorts. " I make an honest living"

"That's not what your ex-boss said"

"You've always been an ungrateful swine" Zaid says. "All you want is money. That's all you women want. You don't care about love or anything besides yourselves"

"Like you would know" I say. "You've never cared for anyone. Your life revolves around gambling and drinking. How did you even get this job?" I ask. 

"You know you still want me" he says.

"I rejected your proposal twice. What don't you get? You're despicable!" I yell at Zaid.

"Whatever" He says picking up speed again. 

"Slow down you maniac. This is a residential area" I state.

Zaid begins to laugh.

I hit the back of his seat and yell at him to slow down.

"Stop!" I kick my feet against the seat.

He refuses and instead turns up the radio volume.

♫ Pumped up kicks  is playing ♫

Zaid continues to speed recklessly. I tighten my seatbelt and scream at him again.

"What the hell are you doing? You're insane!"

He ignores me and continues to speed off.

Through the windscreen I can see a truck approaching us. The traffic light is red.

"Stop!" I yell at Zaid.

He turns up the music and accelerates across the traffic light. The truck is heading our way.

My eyes widen in fear. I clench my jaw.

Zaid does not stop. The truck is approaching us at a high speed too.

I lower my head against the seat.

The impact happens in seconds. Our car collides with the truck.

I feel the hit on my side of the door. My body jolts at the shock of the collision.

♫ Pumped up kicks is playing ♫

I am thrown across the seat. I feel the pieces of glass from the window shatter into my skin. My face starts to bleed.

 All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

 you better run better run. Outrun my gun. 

I see Zaid's body stretched across the front seat.

My face continues to bleed. I cannot feel my arms or legs.

The pain is unbearable.

I remember the song. I remember Zaid laying still. I hear people screaming and running towards us. I cannot move my body. 

I close my eyes.
I am gone.

♡