𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟻 - A table for two

The radiant sunlight flooded through the bedroom window causing me to open my eyes. I rubbed them softly and looked at the window to see the sun rays beaming through the cracks of the curtain.

I gracefully tossed the duvet open and slowly got out of bed. I quietly snuck into the bathroom and freshened up. I took a brisk shower. Exfoliated my body, cleansed my face, brushed my teeth, my hair, applied perfume, moisturised my face, arms and hands. I then applied some kohl pencil under my eyes and a small tinted gloss. I then threw on my floral robe and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked catfishy. This was good.

I walked back into the bedroom to see Adanan still asleep. I got back in bed and pretended that I was sleeping all along.

Adanan stretches his arm out towards me and moves his body. He turns his face to look at me. I turn my face to look at him and innocently smile.

"Asalamu Alaikum" he softly says pulling me closer to him.

"Wa'alaikumu salaam" I say.

"You look - " he pauses and then gets up to sit straight. "Beautiful, so beautiful... did you even sleep?" He grins.

I smirk.

"Genes"

We both chuckle.

"How was your sleep?" I ask.

"Rejuvenating" He smiles.

I smile at him while running my fingers through his soft brown hair. He nuzzles me with his beard. I smile.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks.

"Do you have plans?" I retort.

"I'm glad you asked. I most certainly do. But, first-" He gets up spontaneously. I watch him twist in the sheets and jump towards me. He then starts to tickle me.

"No!" I protest.

He laughs.

"Stop that!" I begin to laugh. "Adanan!" I wheeze.

He knew exactly where my ticklish spots were.

I lift a pillow and begin to tackle him.

We both start laughing uncontrollably.

"Thank you for making your reservation. A table for two. Right here, sir. I will give you the menu momentarily."

"Thank you " Adanan smiles.

He pulls the chair out for me and I pat down my polka-dot skirt before sitting down. I smile at his chivalry.

"Thank you, good sir"

"My pleasure madam " He gives me a sheepish grin.

"This place is amazing" I say looking out of the window. The view was from the twentieth floor of a hotel. I could see the beautiful skyscrapers of Abu Dhabi and the bustle of cars below. It looked like a painting.

"I thought you might like the surprise..." Adanan says.

" I love it! I always love spending time with you" I say reaching out for his hand. He extends his hand to reach mine.

"I just thought we needed the time together. To talk, to laugh, to get to know each other. I mean for all, you could be a serial killer"

I laugh out loud.