𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷𝟹 - 𝙰 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝

𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 eleven 𝘠𝘢𝘩𝘺𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧. 𝘐 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵. 𝘔𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴. 𝘠𝘢𝘩𝘺𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳, 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘸. 𝘠𝘢𝘩𝘺𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦. 𝘛𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵.

"You look great" Yahya said as he placed a bouquet of white roses besides my bed. "These are for you" He smiled.

I smiled looking at them. "Thank you, they are wonderful"

"Don't worry, just a few more days and you'll be out and ready"

I coughed. "I don't think I'm ready to face the world"

"What do you mean, dude?" Yahya goofed and took a seat next to me. "Everyone is waiting for you at home"

"I know, and I don't think I can live up to all of that pressure now. I don't feel like myself"

"You've just come out of a big accident, and your body is feeble, these things take time. No one is pressuring you. For all you will be on bed rest for the next two months at home"

I sigh. "I wish this never happened"

"I know you might feel devastated -"

"You don't know the full story Yahya" I raised my voice. "Zaid was my Uber that day.." I began.

Yahya sat up straight. "You mean Zaid, the one who?-"

"Yes" I interrupted. "Him"

"Continue"

"I was upset at Adanan that day, I got in the uber without thinking twice. I just wanted to be away from Adanan and Layla and his parents.. so I got into the first uber that was available. Unfortunately it was with Zaid" I paused. "In the car, he harassed me and threatened me by speeding. I told him to stop at least a couple of times but he did not. He was asking me personal questions and talking about how the two of us would have been married if it weren't for me"

"Asma--" Yahya says with a despondent look.

"Eventually we collided with a truck at a red light. That's when I blacked out and I remember people running towards us and hearing them scream for help"

Yahya widens his eyes in surprise. "This was Zaid's fault?" He asks. "Where is he now? I'll smash his brain" Yahya says getting up from his seat.

"No" I say. "I don't know where he is or how he is. I just want to get out of here and then we can deal with him"