17

Jeju was not as beautiful as it supposed to be. A man with an empty heart tried so hard to enjoy his days in that beautiful island. Alone.

Staring at the emerald blue sea with a bit of reflection from the warm morning sun, the white sand looked very contrasting with the calm water. The waves making their way to the sands, greeting them for a while then went back to the sea. But they didn't leave. They were there with the sand, always, complementing each other.

Seagulls flying above them, probably looking for something to eat. One seagull landed on the sand, Jaebum could see it was looking at his direction, as if it wondered what is that man doing alone in the balcony looking very sad?

The outside world looked a lot nicer compared to his hotel room's stiff atmosphere. He chose to stay at a low priced hotel to enjoy the humbleness it offered and the best of it was the sea. The view. So beautiful....
but his soul was left unfilled.
Hollow.
Dry..
Seemed to be damaged.

How he wished he was there with Jinyoung.. the view must've been prettier since the very moment he stepped in the room.

Jinyoung.
As much as Jabum would like to deny it, the thoughts of Jinyoung stayed in his mind. Jinyoung's presence would be the one Im Jaebum really craved to have at that moment.

He couldn't stay focus even when meeting his client last night.

The news about Jinyoung having a panic attack in the airport kept on bugging his mind. Yes, it was in the news. They played an amateur cell phone video showing a hyperventilating Jinyoung sitting on the airport floor, helped by the medics and from that video could also be seen stupid people surrounding him probably thinking that their presence there would actually help a person who had a trauma.

Jaebum was angry at what he saw. People should give him space. Move!

A person having a panic attack is not a tourist attraction. What were they trying to find there? Were they amused at how Jinyoung gasping for air? Were they amused at how Jinyoung tried really hard to overcome it? Were they just really excited that they got to see the handsome chaebol Park Jinyoung? ..And decided to record it instead of giving him space..
Anything was possible.

What makes Jaebum's heart even broken was the fact that Jinyoung's public appearance in the airport was because he had a flight to Los Angeles.

America?
For how long?
Would he be able to see him again?
If yes, when?

This situation felt more like hell when Jaebum's dad called him last night to tell him that he assigned his son to take care of the deal Mr.Im made in Australia. He assigned his son to fly there and manage the business for two years, leaving the one in Seoul for himself.

In the balcony accompanied by the cool breeze from the sea, a cup of coffee and a toast, Jaebum still couldn't put Jinyoung away from his thoughts. Two years... he had to stay in Australia for two years starting from next week. While Jinyoung was in Los Angeles for who knows how long would he stay there.
Was it for business? Was it for another education degree? Was it just a vacation? Jaebum needed to know.. but how?

Ask Hyunjin? You wish. That boy seemed to hate Jaebum more than Jaebum hated himself. Ask Yugyeom? Would he even answer tho?

Putting the doubts aside, Jaebum searched for Yugyeom's phone number and dialed it. The tapping fingers on the wooden table showed that Jaebum was nervous if Yugyeom gonna answer it or he would put him on voicemail.

"Hello?"

He picked up.

"Uh hi. Yugyeom"

"What it is hyung? Why are you calling me this early?"