Chapter 6

-Weakness replaced with power and power replaced with weakness-

Alpha Salvador stood in front of his men silently while they sat down waiting for him to speak.

"We.. Our Kingdom is in great danger if my son's condition got worse" he paused. "We need to find a solution immediately"

"Your majesty you know the reason of your son's illness. You are the only one who can save the Kingdom"

The Alpha's eyes were fixed on him until another man interrupted.

"Well.. We haven't been in a war with the Vampires for years, your majesty. They have proven us wrong. They are willing to be our Allies against the Hunters"

"The Hunters? Why what have we done to them? It is their own problem not ours"

The man smiled and took a step forwards.

"Have you perhaps forgotten, your majesty? We have been stealing their children to increase the number of our soldiers, don't you think they might put their hands on our Kingdom after they're done with the Vampires?" he paused. "your majesty, they consider us as diseased and dangerous as the Vampires"

Alpha Salvador grimaced and stroke the table with his hands.

"So we should put our hands with those sneaky, ungrateful bastards?! No we can't trust them. I might put my son in danger if I allowed their Princess to come near him"

"Your majesty.. That's our only choice. We have to take the risk for the sake of our Kingdom at least"

"But he is my only son!"

"I beg you, your majesty. You need to put your Kingdom before anything else" hurried the Klezmern.

In the castle Carlosvine, sat Drammen with his men with anxious faces. Drammen stood up and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Two men on the blacklist, gentlemen. I need you to get rid of them as fast as you can. I don't like how you missed the opportunity of killing one of them"

"Your majesty we have tried.."

"Silence! Leader Hayes and Marsal. Keep your eyes on them. I also want you to keep your eyes on Silvatra's actions. I don't want her near Marsal or Prince Kaden"

Drammen stood half paralyzed as he watched Silvatra enter the room. Her face sharper than his own. She stood right in front of him as she held his glass of wine and fretfully crushed it with her hand.

"Dare not come near one of them I warn you. If I see you coming close to Marsal believe me you'll see the dark side of mine"

"Oh who said anything about Marsal? I was just.."

"Say no more nonsense! Kill one of my trustworthy men and I'll feed you to the Hunters. I'll send you as a souvenir to Craven who is starving to drink every single drop of your blood after you had imprisoned his son"

Drammen gulped as he noticed how foolish he was to think of her as a naive, immature young lady. She gave him a frown and left the room followed by her own men. Her power was increasing by the second and she was collecting allies on her side weakening Drammen's power and shredding his dreams. Drammen felt the threat coming at him from all directions. He sat back on his chair with a pale face as she gave him a glare and slammed the door after her.

Silvatra entered her room with a wide, arrogant smile on her face. She asked her men to sit themselves on the chairs around her own and poured some wine for them. Marsal gently knocked on the door and entered with a look of surprise on his face.

"Well.. your majesty. Who are those?"

A smile curved on her face as she took a sip of her wine.

"Oh, Marsal. Have you never heard of drinking from your own poison? That is what Drammen's future is going to be"