009

CHAPTER NINE:

CHAPTER NINE:

one of the killers named garret had some money in his locker. a lot of money.

stiles, scott and marcie sat cross legged on the floor in front of the bag of money.

marcie and stiles looked at each other after seeing all the money.

they both thought the same thing, that money would pay off his father's bills.

"have you counted it yet?" stiles asked scott.

"no." scott replied.

"we should probably count it." stiles said as they dumped it on the floor.

"i'll count it." marcie said as scott nodded.

they found a tape inside the bag and scott flipped it around. on the back of it, it had play me written in marker.

they got a radio that scott had in his room, and put the tape inside and started to play it.

"after entering the IP address, you will be connected through a darknet portal to an untraceable bank. once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. the IP address will deactivate with each transfer. you will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment." a voice said on the tape.

marcie had finished counting the money and placed it all in front of the boys.

stiles turned the off button on the radio and looked up at his friend and his girlfriend.

"you ever made a wire transfer?" stiles asked.

"never had enough money." scott replied.

"okay, so, you didn't understand a word of that either?" stiles said.

"i don't think we understand any of this. i mean, why would someone use all this money just to have us dead?" marcie asked.

"someone wants you guys dead. badly." stiles said.

scott looked at him and let out a sigh and grabbed the stacks of money, and started to put them back into the gym bag.

"woah, woah, what are you doing?" stiles asked him.

"it's late. we've got the PSATs in the morning." scott said.