Chapter 3

*2 days later*

                The bell rang signalling the end of class. I rush past my classmates to get ready for football practice. That is until my brother grabbed me by my bag pack, causing me to stop and tumble backward, butt first. And being the amazing brother that he is, he just laughed at my current condition.

“Help me up.” I said, holding out my hand for him to grab. Instead, he just stared at me before reaching for my hand and shaking it.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you too, Ms. De la Rosa.”

“I told you to help me up, not shake my hand.”

“ I don’t wanna.”

“Please big bro.” please give in to the puppy eyes. Please.

“no.” my face fell and my jaw dropped.

“really?”

“really” he smirked. I scowled and got up, punching him in the arm.

“ouch! What was that for?” he groaned, rubbing his arm.

“for making me late for my practice. Now shoo.” I said walking past him but evidently failing as he blocked my way through his feet causing me to trip. Oh how gravity loves me! I bet the floor’s in love with me too.

“oouuuch!” my brother just laughed at me before picking me up.

“why do I have such a clumsy and forgetful sister?”

“we have new sister?”

“what?”

“you said you have a clumsy and forgetful sister.”

“I was talking about you.” We looked at each other for a few minutes before bursting out laughing.

“why are we laughing?”

“I don’t know” and we laughed again. People probably think we’ve gone crazy. Well, I can’t blame them.

When we finally sobered up, I got up and started to walk away from my brother.

“where are you going?” I realized that he had gotten up as well and was now walking beside me.

“practice.”

“we have no proactice today, remember? We had ourselves excused because of the visitors dad is having.” I slapped my forehead at the realization. Of course, that’s why they weren’t looking for me.

“oh well, better head home then. I’m guessing we need to change.” And I was right. As soon as we stepped into our house, mom pushed us to our rooms and ordered us to shower and change.

“oh, and wear something casual but presentable. We want them to feel at home.” My mom called out.

I washed up and dried myself. I decided to wear some baby blue top, floral printed high waist shorts paired with some blue high heels and have my hair in a waterfall braid before going out of the room to my brother’s. he was wearing dark jeans, white v-neck shirt and a black jacket.

“you look good.” He complemented me. I turned around and made a curtsy, giggling.

“you don’t look too bad yourself.” He gave me that ‘really’ look and laughed. We linked our arms as we walked down the stairs to the living room where our parents were waiting. We talked on who we think our visitors would be.

We finally reached the living room and took it all in. what I saw made my eyes look like saucers and my jaw drop to the floor. No, I am not bragging about our house. In fact, it is not the living room that impressed me. Not the flat screen television, the home theatre, the stacks of books in the bookshelf, the number of dvd’s lined up,nor it is the sofa. What surprised me was the ones who were sitting in our living room.

You see, our visitors were far from who me and my brother expected. Standing in from of me was one direction. Standing in front of me, was the guy I’ve been dreaming of, Zayn Malik.