Chapter 5

I just stared at him wide eyed, not knowing what to say. Finally, I managed to say “uh, sure.” And let him in my room. He looked amused by the hugeness of the room. I stood a bit beside him, wondering on how to start the conversation. Fortunately, I don’t need to ponder on that too much since he did that for me.

“sooo, uhm, how are you?” he started. I just stared at him. Seriously Zayn? Really, really smooth.

“I’m fine, I guess.” I replied awkwardly. He rubbed his neck and motioned for me to sit down. I sat on my bed and he stood in front of me. He avoided my eyes at first, still rubbing his neck, but eventually focused on mine.

“look, I don’t exactly know how to say this wwithout sounding weird and stalker-ish.” He stated nervously. And being the intelligent person that I am, my response was classic.

“uhhh what?”

“I, uhm, I kind of. Like, you know. I-“

“just spit it out Zayn!”

“I dream about you at night” he blurted out and blushed. My eyes widened as I looked at him unbelievingly. Is this true? Am I dreaming again? I pinched my arm and felt the pain. Yes, I’m alive.

“could you repeat that?” he looked at me in the eyes and took a deep breath.

“I dream of you at night. Whenever I sleep, it’s like I enter to a new world of just you and me. It sounds cheesy, I know, but it’s true. Now I don’t know if you get those dreams too, that’s why I was hesitant to ask. But I need to know the answer. Because I’m drawn to you, Mia. Each day of the month that I dreamt of you, I became more drawn to you than ever.” I blinked disbelievingly, and I guess he thought that meant I didn’t get those dreams too, as he looked away and started going out of the room. I got myself back together and called him out.

“Zayn! Zayn wait!” when he didn’t stop, I blurted out the truth. “I get them too. I dream of you every night as well.” He stopped and turned to look at me. I stared into his brown eyes.

“Could you repeat that?” he asked me disbelievingly. I looked up to reach his brown eyes on mine.

“I dream of you too, each and every night. I tried on afternoon but it won’t work. I don’t know if we have the same dreams but I know we have one thing in common.” I stepped up closer to him and he did the same. “I think I am drawn to you as much as you are drawn to me.”