"Calm before the storm"

Yn POV
After the confession we started to date more and more...although her life brought me...worries I kept my calm for her. Over months of joker not spotted. Joker just mentioning him brings chills down my spine.
I chuckle to my self remembering tricking the joker. Then my eyes widen. What if he's after me?! What if he's after Barbra's dad?! We're the thoughts that tormented my mind. I breath to calm my nerves. I was working my shift it was calm day not too many people not too little
But just right.i teach another table and see...Barbra's dad. "Hello commissioner" I said calmly. "Hey Yn" he replied "what can I get you" I asked "hmmm water and a ribeye steak" he told me his order. I wrote down the way he wanted it cooked and gave it to the chef. I got a glass and pored water and ice into it and brought it too his table. "Your food should be done.....I'd say about 8ish minutes." He nodded.................slow minutes pass almost painfully slow. But I get called to the kitchen to get the food. Once I retrieve it I bring it over to commissioner. "Here you go sir" I said placing it down. "Thank you Yn...hey can you sit down for a sec" he said. "Sure" I said taking a seat across from him. "So tell me about your self?" Ok that was out of no were I'm kinda scared now. "I don't know what to say I'm just Well...a normal guy...work a job own an apartment pay my part....no car sadly but that's not a big problem for me I don't travel a lot. Um what do you want to know?" I told him truthfully "what about alcohol" he asked me. "Well I do drink but not frequently" I told him. He took a bite of his steak. "Anything you did while drunk" he said. I took a moment to think and started to giggle. "My dad gave me a few shots and I think I tried to drown a fish." I told him while laughing at my foolishness. He laughed too. "I approve of you" he said. My eyes widen. "W-what?!?" I asked "you heard me I approve of you and my daughter" he said "um I'm sorry to ask when did you find out we didn't tell you yet"I said. He finished his steak and looked at me with a smile. "Well me being a good father I like to check up on my daughter. She's been happier you know....so I did some digging...and bugging her" he said I smiled knowing I made her happy but concerned he found out it was me dating her daughter.i breath in to calm my nerves. "Well I like to make her happy...and it makes me happy to know I make her happy" I said. He gave me a serious. "Good you see if you break her heart.....well I can turn a blind eye to a crime I committed." He said darkly.
I nodded worried for my life. "Only joking" he said but deep down you knew that there was truth to his words. I pick up his plate. "I'll bring you your bill" I said and walked into the kitchen. "Hey I saw you have a talk with that guy...what's up?" One of my coworkers asked
"Well that's the commissioner Gordon a freind...per say" I said nervously. "Ok the commissioner....tell us more" my coworkers looked at me their eyes Piercing my soul asking for answers. Like vultures circling its prey.
But all was stopped when are boss came in. "Yn you can go early" I was confused to why but I'm not complaining. My coworkers however groaned in annoyance. "Lucky" were some of the comments. As I leave I think of what I should do today. "Visit Barbra at work....sure" I said to myself.
Time skip
Barbra pov
I sat down tired and board. I look at the time hopping for my shift to be over. "Yn I need you right now" I said to myself hopping for him to come through the door. I look back down at my computer. I look back up and see....Yn!
"Yn what are you dining here not that I'm complaining but work?!?" I asked smiled.
"Well yes but my boss let me out early why....I have no idea. Oh guess what happened at work?" I challenged. "Hmm a large tip" she guessed. "Nope your father was there" I said "he didn't cause trouble right" she questioned
"No but I served him and he had some questions....about us?" I said looking at her with a little smirk. She blushed
"Ya he may aaa have or have not bagged me till I told him about Are relationship" she told me
"Well he approved of me so that's good" I told her she smiled (Jesus how many times have I used the word smiled....what ever I'm too tired to care) "good.....he didn't threaten you...did he?" She asked concerned
"No no.......ok yes but it didn't bother me....too much" I told her putting my head down. She leaned over her desk and scratched my head.
"Well I got nothing to do want me to stay so this day can be less.....lonely boring..all of the above" I offered. She nodded. Bringing up a chair next to her.
Time skip
We walked to my apartment. And sat down in my room. He sat down next to me and placed his head on my shoulder tired. I wanted to join him to but I had a job. I place him on my bed put a blanket on him and suited up for the night hopefully quick so I can sleep with him.
I lean in and kiss him in his sleep and jump out the window.
Time skip
Yn POV
"Knock knock knock" I hear the door. I get up and walk to the door. And open it "BANG"

"Honey I'm home....oh wait a minute it's......you Well the daughter is not here so I guess you will have to do." I heard a voice I look up with the last of my energy already tired.

" I heard a voice I look up with the last of my energy already tired

Ya let's just say a little schedule problems not much else to say.