Right and Wrong

1999

This was it. The pinnacle of his life so far. Sure it may have involved fishing a kid drunk on wine coolers out of a pool and his best friend taking an unexpected dunking for being a douchebag about women but, and it was a big but, Brian's dunking meant that he, Jimmy, got to witness the glory that was Elliot in a push up bra and a soaking wet t-shirt that clung to every curve.

With a shove he heaved Johnny on to the side of the pool. Elliot swam over and clutched the brick pool edging as she watched Johnny anxiously. Lacey was busy clambering out of the pool, Jimmy had nil interest in how her t-shirt clung.

"Are you alright?" Elliot asked a dazed Johnny who gave her a loopy smile.

"Maybe you should give me mouth to mouth?" Johnny asked hopefully.

Oh hell, NO! There would be no mouth to mouth giving. Not unless Jimmy was the one administering the kiss of life. Not to Johnny obviously, he liked his friends but they weren't that close. He was hoping that maybe Elliot was feeling a little faint and in need of urgent resuscitation. He was about to tell Johnny exactly where he could stick his mouth to mouth suggestion when a laughing Elliot patted Johnny on his damp cheek and said, "You look just fine to me, kid."

At the same moment Lacey dug her toe into Johnny's side and said with a squawk of outrage, "Johnny! What the hell?"

"Sorry babe," Johnny slurred, "can Elliot be my hall pass?"

Jimmy ground his teeth as he considered dragging Johnny back into the pool; maybe this time he'd use his foot to keep him at the bottom of the deep end. His murderous thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Elliot gagging.

"C'mon kid, you're fourteen! I'm pretty sure I'd get arrested if you used me as your hall pass! Plus, euuw, no!"

Lacey grumbled incoherently as she dragged Johnny to his feet. "You know it was a long shot Lace," Johnny protested.

"I should just leave you on your parents' front lawn," Lacey complained but all the same she helped a still stumbling Johnny over to the sun lounge.

Meanwhile the party that had paused for a moment at all the commotion in the pool continued to rage on around them.

Jimmy turned to Elliot and pushed a hank of wet hair back behind her ear. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she sighed and plucked at the wet fabric that clung disturbingly to her breasts, "just wet."

The sound of splashing from behind him drew Jimmy's attention. Brian stood in waist deep water glaring at them. "I'm fine thank you!"

"Shut up Bri, I know you can swim." Jimmy flicked water in his best friend's direction.

"You're lucky I don't use your head as a foot rest for talking about that chick like that!" Michelle called from the side of the pool as she glared at Brian. With their fists firmly planted on their hips she and Val were mirror images of wrath.

"You sure about that Shell? I'm pretty sure I heard you bagging her out about fifteen minutes ago," Brian said with a smirk.

Michelle lifted her middle finger at him and then spun around on her high heeled boots grabbing Val by the elbow as she stormed off back into the heaving throng of the main party. Matt gave his friends an apologetic shrug before following his girlfriend and her sister.

"Fucking chicks ruin everything," Brian complained. With a roar of outrage Elliot launched herself off the side of the pool in Brian's direction in defence of her friend.

"Woah! Easy tiger!" Jimmy grabbed for Elliot's waist and was rewarded with a handful of boob. Elliot froze in the midst of her attack on Brian and spun around to face him.