Fallen

He couldn't believe it. It was something that he'd never imagined would ever happen for him again, in life or death. Elliot was back in his arms and fuck she felt good. He fought back the urge to slide his hand just a little bit higher and cup her ass.

"Jimmy put me down," Elliot wheezed out as she pressed a palm to his back and tried to lift herself as she fought to catch a breath. Hmmm. If she slid her hand just a little further down she'd be touching his ass.

"I thought I told you years ago to call me James." He bounced her on his shoulder and smirked as she let out a squeak of panic.

"But that was before..."

"Before what?" he prompted.

"Before life got in the way." Elliot's words were a whisper and he didn't think it was entirely because her position hanging over his shoulder was squeezing all the air from her lungs.

"Ah but Elli, this is the afterlife." His grip on her thighs tightened just a fraction.

"I think I'm just starting to realise that." Elliot began to squirm and one of her flailing feet brushed dangerously close to his junk. Sure bad things weren't supposed to happen here but a toe to the nuts was going to hurt regardless.

Lifting his hands to her waist he set her on her feet and tried to ignore how good the slide of her body down his felt.

"Card," Jimmy held out his hand. His eyes drifted over Elliot from head to foot. He still couldn't quite believe she was here. He'd hoped at one time that maybe one day they'd see each other again; maybe some time when the hurt over what had happened had a chance to soften with the years. He'd never expected that she'd join him to watch and wait for her family and friends. He was still trying to work out if her arrival was something to be happy about or a cruel joke.

"What?" Eliot frowned at him still clutching her champagne glass in a death grip.

"Your key card." He held his palm out flat and twitched his fingers. "I need it to open your door. Eventually you won't need it and the door will recognise anyone else you want it open for but until then we'll need the card," he said trying the handle and doing a double take when the door swung silently open. His lips stretched wide in a grin as he gestured for Elliot to go in front of him, "It looks like you've already decided that I'm welcome!"

He followed her inside and let out a long, low whistle when he saw the interior of her suite. Pale timber floors spread out before them and off to one side up a couple of steps was a platform holding an enormous low set bed. A couple of battered leather sofas took up some of the vast acreage of space in the room along with a huge hot pink armchair. Along the wall beside the door was a minimalist looking kitchen and against rough brick wall was a massive white photographic back drop. To one side of the bed platform was a frosted glass door most likely leading to the bathroom – not they had any need for a bathroom anymore but a shower always felt good. Beneath the window which was set into another rough brick wall stood a couple of guitars. The view out the window was nothing short of spectacular, to the right pointing up toward the sky over the buildings of New York was the Chrysler building and to the left was the Empire State building. It was a spectacular view, but no view, no matter how spectacular could stop Jimmy's eyes drifting to the corner of the room where a battered drum kit was set up. It looked remarkably like one'd he'd owned as a teenager.

"Elli, this place is amazing," Jimmy breathed in awe. Elliot stood in the middle of the room, her mouth hanging open as she took in the vast loft space. Her head swivelled back and forth as she looked around.

"How?" she gasped almost losing her hold on the glass in her hand. Jimmy stepped forward and plucked it from between her slack fingers and set it aside in the kitchen area.