Chapter 9

I struggle to sit up. "What?" I gasp. "Honey, you lost your memory." Duh. I think. "We have taken the liberty of making you this information sheet with some of your information and some information you need to know." She hands me a thin white strip if something. I realize it is paper. It reads: "Alexa, 16. Faction of origin: Candor. Chose all 5 factions. The 5 factions are Abnegation, Dauntless, Candor, Erudite and Amity. Now factionless and living under hiding. Family members: Beatrice, (mother) Tobias, (father) Tim, (brother) and Lacy, (sister)" I can't believe that they would put this together for me. All of a sudden, a person walks up to me. "Hi." He says in warm voice. "I'm Hector, one of the Medics here." I am taken aback. Surely this... boy isn't a medic! He can't be more than 17. "As if reading my mind "I am a child prodigy." That also impresses me. The factionless may be stronger than I realized. There is an awkward moment of silence and I feel his blue, blue eyes bore into me. I giggle. He seems to soften a little. "Well, your name is Alexa right? Yeah Alexa I have this... Exercise I think is gonna help you." I daydream a little about how he talks and he stops, more amused than annoyed. "Are you listening?" "Sorry." I reply. "Anyways, the exercise is that you say the information you know, starting from basic to more advanced." He takes the paper from me. "For example. My name is Alexa, I am 16 years old. There are 5 factions, Abnegation, Dauntless, Candor, Erudite, and Amity. My faction of origin is Candor. I have 4 family members named Beatrice, Tobias, Tim, and Lacy. And so on." Of course I say yes. How could I not? And so I do the exercise a few times and eventually I am doing it from memory. "Good!" He says approvingly. " I will arrange for some more information for you." And with that, he walks away. I sigh.