Chapter 7

"Hmmm." Maria Andrews says. I quickly analyze what she must be thinking. She can't let me go without doing something to me, but if she kills me, there will be a rebellion. Not to be arrogant or rude, but I am widely and deeply loved. Well except for Selena. After what seems like hours, but I think is only a couple seconds she says "Come with me." The crowd gasps again. I glance at my mom and she gives a reassuring nod to me. I get up at a moderate speed, not to quick or I could be classified as scared, and not to slow

or I could be classified as a rebel. I give Maria a look that says I am not afraid and with that the security guards handcuff me and half drag me to Maria's office. It has a polished clean look. I hate it immediately. "Now." She says in a voice that tells me she is not playing around. "Why would you do such a stupid thing?" I reply with a shrug. "Are you divergent?" She says it gently, but I know a lie when I hear one. "What is that?" I make my voice sound innocent, curious. "Ok pups." She just called the guards pups. No she didn't. No. I feel the blood roaring up to my ears, the adrenaline suddenly pumping through my blood. I leap out of my seat, and use my handcuffs to take out the guard directly behind me. I kick the other one where it hurts and he falls to ground. Now for Maria. I use my handcuffs to trip her and she gets knocked to the ground. Then I kick her head. She falls unconscious and I run. All of a sudden I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder and I fall to the ground. The pain is unbearable and I let out a bloodcurdling scream. The world starts to go black, and I gladly embrace the darkness.