Chapter 10

Hector and I are more than just a doctor and his patient now. We are friends, and edging towards a little more than that. He visits me every night now. Tonight, I am restless. He comes in with a wet towel. "You ok?" He asks, concerned. "Yeah. Just worried about my family." He strokes my face. "It's ok." He says soothingly. "They're fine. We are working on bringing them here now." "Okay." I respond fondly. "Okay." He says. He leans in and kisses my cheek. I sigh. "Goodnight." He says. A wave of panic washes over me. "No! You can't leave!" I am terrified. "Ok, I'll stay. It's okay, it's fine. You are fine. You are safe." He sits in a chair by my bed. I relax. He starts to sing a lullaby, and I drift off to sleep. When I wake up, I am not in my room anymore. I realize I am suspended in mid air. I am over a pit of fire and magma. Hector is next to me. My mouth has cloth over it. I panic I try to struggle free, but to no avail. The ropes only get tighter. I Kick and scream and now they are chanting my name. "Alexa! Alexa! Alexa!" Says the kidnappers. All of a sudden, I am jolted awake. "Alexa! Alexa?" It is Hector. "It's ok honey, you just had a bad dream. You are fine." And suddenly I am in his arms, sobbing. "What was your dream about?" He asks gently. "I was kidnapped, and you were there too, and we were hanging over a pit of lava and I couldn't talk... I couldn't escape." I sob. He just sits, and rocks back and forth for a while. I fall asleep in his arms.