Chapter 3

I leap onto the dog and we wrestle for awhile. Then i just let myself go limp and croon. "Sweetie." I say in a singsong voice. "Good girl." I pet her where I know dogs like it and she rolls around on the floor, purring. "Silly." I laugh. "Dogs don't purr." I hand her the treat that suddenly appeared in my pocket. "There you go you dumb dog." I get up to leave, and the dog follows me. I have already fallen in love with her, but I have to face the truth. This is just a simulation, she won't come with me out. I walk away. Again, the dog follows me. I shoo her away and keep walking. The dog gets cut of by an invisible barrier and I look back. I look at her as I walk an suddenly the world is at an angle. I almost just fell of a cliff! I could struggle to stand up right again, but instead I think to myself "It's just a simulation" and give myself the final nudge, so I fall of the cliff. My stomach drops for a horrible millisecond, and then I am back in my chair gasping. The woman looks at me, her brows furrowed. Her eyes have a creepy look in them. "Come with me." She says, grasping my arm so hard it almost hurts. "Ow! What happened? What were my results?" "Inconclusive." She sighs.