Ch. 2

Published on: 4/1/19

Kimi POV

I woke up to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and say my dad "Dad?" "Time for breakfast." I nodded sent him away so I could go change first. I went to my room and showered. After that, I changed into a new set of ninja clothes and then sent a letter to Hinata using my fastest snake summon. I rushed to the kitchen and ate breakfast with everyone. All of a sudden, some Suna shinobi appeared in the dining room and they were on one knee. "Lady Kimi...we are here to thank you for your help with Kankuro-same. We ask you to please bring back our Kazekage alive as well." I stood and went in front of the shinobi "Stand up," he did so "You have nothing to thank me for. I save Kankuro because he is my friend and I care for him. I will bring back Gaara alive even if it kills me." they nodded and left. I turned around to the others "I know where Akatsuki took Gaara and we only have a few more hours before he dies so eat up quickly and let's meet at the gate." They nodded and I went to get all my things ready for the fight to come.

Hinata POV

I saw a small snake on my window with a note so I opened my window and got the note. After that, the snake disappeared so I read the note 

Hinata
I need you to get Team 9 and send them with Athena to Suna. We need their help on the mission and I need them now. Athena is your fastest summon, I need them following our tracks a Suna in 30 minutes. Please hurry and inform auntie about this.
Love Kimi

I quickly changed and grabbed Neji as he left to the training ground to meet up with Gai and the others. I ran to their usual training ground and grabbed Tenten "Catch me if you can," I said to Gai and Lee knowing they will follow me. I ran to Lady Hokage's office as fast as possible with Gai and Lee hot on my trail. I made it to the office and finally let go of Neji-nii and Tenten. Gai and Lee came a few seconds later "Hinata, what is the meaning of this?" Lady Tsunade said angrily and I handed her the note Kimi sent me not too long ago "How long ago did you get this?" "Ten minutes ago Lady Hokage," I said and she nodded. "Well then, I have an urgent mission for Team Gai and Hinata too. You will go to Suna and help out Team Kakashi with rescuing the Kazekage. You have 20 minutes to get ready and leave. Hinata, in 20 minutes you will leave with whoever is with you at the gates on Athena." I nodded and we all went to get our stuff ready. I didn't need much so I was the first one at the gates. Next came Lee and Gai. When we had five minutes left, Neji and Tenten came and I summoned Athena."Athena, I need you to take us to Kimi as fast as you can fly. It's an emergency." she nodded and we all got on "Hold on tight or you will fall." They held on and Athena took off as fast as she could towards Suna, where Kimi-nee was.

Kimi POV

As I lead them to where the Akatsuki held Gaara, I felt his life already slipping away. "We must hurry, who knows what they're doing to him," I said to my teammates as we sped up. I can only hope that Hinata makes it on time. I decided to sense if anyone was around and people were. Temari, Granny Chiyo, and some Suna ninja were right behind us. They were a bit far so I had to help them reach us. I summoned Nagini and Nagimi "Go help the Suna ninja reach us faster," I order and they left quickly. I saw dad summon Pakkun and assumed that he was going to send him after Gai's teams "That won't work. They are riding on Hinata's griffin, we need a hawk or a bird to notify them," I said to him and Pakkun left. Good thing I also have access to Kiken, he isn't my summoning so I can only call him if I'm going to send him back to Hinata. I told Kiken where to lead Athena and he left as we continued on our way. I sensed Zetsu watching us, I left a bindweed for him to know that I won't hold back if I have to fight them. After a while, we were stopped by Itachi. I smirked at him "You're so I assume they sent Kisame after Hinata's griffin?" he just stared at me and I knew I was right. All Kisame would be able to do is follow them since he can't fly. "Stand down Itachi, I don't want to fight you but if you keep me from getting Gaara back alive, I will. We both know that our Sharingan is equal so there's is absolutely no point in us fighting." "You are quite right Kiminari, but I can't allow you to reach him before we have taken his Biju." I gasped as this new knowledge. They were going to kill him, just to bring the Infinite Tsukuyomi for Obito. I growled at him and activated my Sharingan as he did his. We ended up trapping ourselves in a genjutsu together so we could talk. "How is Neko?" he nodded and I sighed in relief. "How is Drago?" I smiled at him as he asked that question "He's fine, he was happy to start the academy. I left him with a friend while I'm on this mission," he nodded and I attacked his brain like I usually do when I want to end something fast. He collapsed and we broke the genjutsu. I placed him a genjustu that felt like a dream to him. By the time he wakes up, we would be long gone. We left quickly and continued to find Gaara.