News

Edited

They sit there for a while, in silence. "We can't talk about this in civilian form. Ever." The red heroine says to the boy. "I can't risk getting my family hurt."

"I understand M'lady, or should I say Kagami." The boy responds, he was disappointed but he understood.

"No M'lady either.... it'll be too obvious." Adrien nods as she continues speaking, for the safety of her family... how selfless. He thought. "Could I speak to Plagg for a minute? I have some questions for him about the Guardian."

"Of course." Adrien steps away nodding to Plagg. Once he was out of ear range, Marinette began to talk.

"So you just expect me to lie to him?!" She yelps to a certain extent, pointing the direction he went.

"Listen, Marinette... Adrien," the kwami pauses waiting for bubbles, he guessed they didn't matter since Marinette knew his identity. "Adrien has been through a lot, with his father becoming more and more selfish every day he needs something stable. This is the stability he needs. If he were to find out you were Marinette, he would be torn because he still loves Ladybug, has a spot for Marinette, and he loves or at least claims he loves Kagami." Plagg rambles, pleading with Marinette. "I will make sure he never talks to Kagami about being Ladybug," Plagg mentions as he waves Adrien back over.

"Am I allowed to sit back here?" He laughs, taking his place next to the girl. They both knew it was last but they did not care. Ladybug wanted to cry, she wanted to break, she wanted to tell him that she was not Kagami and that she was going to do this for the sake of his mental health... but she couldn't. His mental state was important. "Kagami, when we were in the bakery... why did you select the 'Marinette'," Adrien mumbles, wondering aloud.

"I like the flavor combination." The heroine stated, trying to sound like Kagami.

"Yeah, it is a pretty good combo.." Adrien says into the sky, looking past the buildings, he was smiling. She hoped he wasn't thinking about Marinette because he shouldn't have any feelings for the true girl under the mask. This was when Marinette realized she gave up her happily ever after for him, for his mental stability... it wasn't like she could run to Chat Noir either... because he was sitting here too.

They had been sitting there forever, Ladybug knew it was late, but she feared what would happen tomorrow, Adrien was going to love Kagami more than ever. The red heroine knew that one day he would know she was Marinette, but that would be the day that he and Kagami are happy and truly in love.

Ladybugs yo-yo buzzes. Adrien watches as she scours the news section, her eyes wide with fear. "Adrien, Marinette is missing." The girl whispers under her breath. She reads an article, "last seen above her parent's bakery today, Marinette Dupain-Cheng is missing. Her description is blue hair, bluebell eyes, freckles, a cheeky smile, and some clothes with this," an image of her floral design appears on the screen, "design imprinted on most of the items she was wearing."

"Plagg, claws out!" The boy yelps, "I am going to find her, she found me once... I will not let her down." Ladybug smiled, she was panicking, as he faded into the distance she wondered what her next move was. She could A: go home and lie, B: stay out here for a while and then lie when getting home, or C: wait for an akuma and come home after it and say the akuma had been around for a while. Option C had the lie crafted so, as dreaded as it was, Marinette wasn't going home tonight.