6. I feel like a hanger

I think I'm about to puke. My heart is in my stomach. I feel like an awkward anti social loser.
Not too far from the truth.
Shut up. Let me explain. You see, I'm standing at the entrance of the cafeteria. Literally just standing, I feel stuck. My feet won't move. People are starting, that would be because Grayson is holding my hand tightly. He is smiling, moreover grinning and talking to his friends,while I'm just awkwardly standing next to him. I feel like a hanger or something. We are finally moving to his table right in the centre of the cafeteria, not the scenario I had in mind. I sit down next to Gray and his hand slips to brush my thigh. A weird sensation passes through me, but I don't give it too much recognition. I smile at him shyly which he takes as approval and puts his hand on my bare left thigh. I feel so tingly, I'm literally on the verge of jumping on the table, it tickles so bad.
People around us are talking really loud and I can't help but overhear a table full of girls talking about me sitting next to the jocks. That makes me feel really self conscious.

"So guys, this is Amelia." Says Grayson to my relief, the silence was killing me. The other guys from the table turn to me, all eyeing me. Some of them says hi or just nods, but there is this particular one that seems surprisingly kind.

"Hey, I'm Zack, the best friend." Says the friendly guy as he point to himself and Gray. He is actually pretty similar looking to Grayson. Both have pretty blonde hair. Although I think Zack is a bit bulkier.

"Hi. The girlfriend. " I scrunch a bit closer to Gray to prove a point.

"Oof, you aren't going to make me jealous, are you?" Says Zack and I smile back.

"Of course not. " I give my best cheeky smile.

"You better, this guy is basicly the love of my life. I would be heartbroken if he leaves me for some girl." He makes a heart breaking shape with his hands.

"Well man, she is not just some girl." Interrupts Grayson. Then he looks at me. "She is my girl." A wave of butterflies eruptes in my stomach. My cheeks are dark red by now. I smile timidly as he pulls his arm around my waist to get me even closer.

"I'm gonna leave you two lovebirds to it, I gotta run." Says Zack and looks up to a tall blonde standing at the end of the hall, and jogs up to her. So he doesn't just play basketball.

"Don't mind him, he likes to fool around." I nod. I don't know why I'm so quiet, I guess I just don't want all of the attention. I don't enjoy being in the spotlight, except in ballet, duh, but today has been way too illuminated for my preferences.

"I wanted to ask if you'd wanna go somewhere with me tonight..." says Grayson when we arrive to the parking lot.

"You mean like a date?" I tease. He blushes a bit and it's the cutest thing.

"Yeah." He nods and smiles down at me. "Are you free?"

"Yeah I think I am. What did you have in mind?" We walk over to his car, but he stops abruptly. I look at him confused. "Grayson?" I question as he doesn't answer and just gazes forward. I look at the direction he is staring only to find Theodore. He is sitting on top of Gray's car, smoking.

"What do you think you're doing?" Asks Grayson harshly. He seemed to forget I'm here.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Answers Theo, while smirking. His smirk dies when he finally sees me standing next to Gray. Our eyes lock for approximately a second and I swear he seems shocked and a bit pained. His expression quickly changes back to his usual non emotional one.

"Get off my car." I can sense Grayson is trying to keep his cool. That's nice of him. Although Theo doesn't seem to care, he only stares at me. Furthermore, my hand intervened with Gray's.
"I swear to God Theo if you don't get off it right now." I almost smile, he sounds like my dad or something.