🍭 | I

all things happen for a reason. this was one of them.

LUELLA LARK, MISSING? WHERE IS SHE NOW?

Luella growled lowly underneath her breath and she stuffed the newspaper into the garbage can. "I'm not gone. . I'm just on hiatus." She mumbled and pulled her coat more up onto her shoulders.

Her white hair moved slightly over her shoulders an back as she walked, she let out a small breath and walked over to an old, run down house. She knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

She opened the door and grinned massively. "Hey, hey, hey!" She giggled as she shut the door quietly behind her.

"Lue!" Charlie got up from sitting on the bed with the senior citizens and ran over to her. He gave her a hug, and she hugged back.

"Hi, Charlie!" She said as she ruffled his brown hair. "How are you this fine evening?"

"I'm doing okay, a little disappointed though. . " His face fell slightly, Luella's voice softened.

"Why?" She asked.

"Look!" One of the older people called out, so Luella could look at the TV.

"The fourth golden ticket has been found today by Mike Teeve." The television announced, Luella listened carefully to the conversation they were having. As to how the kid figured out the system so quickly, she was impressed. . but lost that sort of expression when he said: "even a retard could do it."

"This kid disgusts me a little bit. . " Luella muttered.

"Luella," Charlie said, making Luella look down at him. "Do you think I will get a golden ticket?"

"Well. . there's one way to find out." She gave him a dollar with a wide grin on her face. Charlie smiled at her when she handed him the dollar.

"Thank you, Lue." He hugged her.

"No problem, Charlie. . I'll go with you to the candy store." She straightened her posture after hugging Charlie and looked over at his parents. "Mr and Mrs, Buckets, is it okay if I take Charlie to the candy store?"

"Of course! As long as he stays with you." Mrs. Bucket confirmed, and Mr. Bucket nodded--agreeing with his wife.

"Alright! Thank you!" She crouched down and whispered to Charlie, "Lets go!"

< • >

When they got to the candy store, Luella felt as if she were in heaven. She bought a few chocolate bars for herself, and some for the family. Charlie bought himself a long candy bar, and one Willy Wonka chocolate bar. After he bought it, he opened it straight away and started to eat it.

Luella looked over at Charlie--who was enjoying his chocolate bar, and smiled until she saw something. . golden? On the back of the chocolate bar?

"Charlie. . on the back of your chocolate bar. . " She furrowed her eyebrows, and said almost hazily.

Charlie slowly turned the chocolate bar around, and pulled out a long golden sheet of paper. . Alas, it was the golden ticket. When he saw it in his entirety, his face lit up, his eyebrows rose, and he smiled widely as he looked over at Luella.

"He has the golden ticket. ." The candy man said, making two other adults in the room look over at Charlie.

"Oh wow!" One man said as he looked over at Charlie. He crouched down and whispered something to Charlie, totally unaware that Luella was there. "Tell you what, I'll give you $50 if you sell that ticket to me."

"Uh. . I think he-. . " Luella was cut off by a woman, who also crouched down to Charlie's height.

"No, $50 is too little. . You can sell it to me for $300. . " The lady said, Luella cut them both off away from him and crossed her arms.

"He wants to keep his ticket." She said lowly.

"Charlie," The candyman called, catching Charlie's attention. "Don't let anyone take that ticket away. . it's yours now. . Take it, and run with your friend!"

"Thank you, sir." Charlie grinned and grabbed Luella's hand. "Come on, Lue! We gotta go!"

The both ran through some crowds; and with Charlie's guidance they got home.

"I've got the golden ticket! It's mine!" He cheered, catching the attention of some of the family members--especially his parents.

After discussing the details for a little bit, they decided on letting Luella go with Charlie, as she is the healthiest and closest to the family. She stayed over for dinner, and when it was time to leave she said:

"Get ready for tomorrow, Charlie. . It's gonna be a big day."

And with that, she went home to get some well deserved sleep that she needed for the next day. .

Sike, she didn't get any sleep at all.

--

WORD COUNT: 773

owo new book new genre new subject huh??? i hope yall liked it! a second chapter will come out today (of course) because im an impatient little shit.

comment and vote if yall enjoyed this chapter, love yall uwu