🍭 | V

Wonka led them to a room full of squirrels, and he explained what they do and what the room is for

Wonka led them to a room full of squirrels, and he explained what they do and what the room is for. After he explains the purpose of the squirrels and the room, Veruca turns towards her father. "Daddy, I want a squirrel. Get me one of those squirrels."

"Veruca, dear, you already have many marvellous pets." He replied.

Veruca listed all of her pets as if there wasn't enough. She then ended with an aggressive command. "I want a squirrel! "

"Alright, Daddy will get you a squirrel as soon as he can." He confirmed, nodding at her.

"But I don't want any old squirrel! I want a trained squirrel!" She stomped her foot on the ground, and crossed her arms.

"Oh boy. . " Luella said quietly as she rolled her eyes, Wonka looked over at her and started to. . almost stare at her. Wonka was quickly snapped out of his daze by Mr. Salt asking him:

"Mr. Wonka, how much do you want for one of those squirrels? Name your price."

"Oh, these squirrels are not for sale." Wonka's eyebrows rose up a he leaned onto his cane. "She can't have one."

Veruce gives her father a look of death as she says, "Daddy. . "

Wonka did a spot on impression of her father, "I'm sorry, darling, Mr. Wonka's being unreasonable."

Luella chuckled a bit, despite her awkward uncomfortableness. "Charlie," she whispered, grabbing the little boy's attention. "I don't think this is gonna end well for Veruca. . "

"I'm starting to think that too, Lue." He whispered back.

"If you won't get me a squirrel, I'll get one myself." She scowled, and climbed under the gate of the stairs towards a squirrel.

"Veruca!" Her father called out after her, but she didn't listen.

"Little girl- don't touch that squirrel's nuts! He'll go crazy!" Wonka demanded, Luella's eyes widened and she shook her head. She took that whole sentence the wrong way.

Veruca reaches for a squirrel, "I'll have you." She says confidently. Instead of the squirrel cooperating with her, it jumps up upon her face. The other squirrels follow until she is down on the ground.

"What are they doing?!" Mr. Salt asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

Wonka is busy looking through a large rack of keys. He replies to Mr. Salt, "They're checking to see if she's a bad nut! Turns out she is!" He grins.

The squirrels started taking her to the garbage chute, she cries for help. This alone made Luella's stomach churn. She hated squirrels, and the sad thing is that she feared that this would happen to her if she ever went near a squirrel.

"Where are they taking her?!" Mr. Salt, demanded to know, he was fully concerned for his daughter at this point.

"The garbage chute!" Wonka replied once more, "It goes down to the incinerator! But dont worry, we only light it on Tuesdays."