🍭 | VI

"I've been wanting to press this button for years! " Wonka said excitedly as he pressed the "Up and Out" button on the elevator

"I've been wanting to press this button for years! " Wonka said excitedly as he pressed the "Up and Out" button on the elevator. The elevator literally did go up and out. Up, from their previous location, and out of the factory.

"Where do you live?" Wonka asked Charlie. Charlie pointed over to an old shack like house away from the other nice houses.

"Right there!"

In nearly half a minute, the elevator crashes through the ceiling of their home. The roof comes crashing down, and millions of chunks of wood break.

"Mom! Dad!" Charlie beamed as he ran towards his parents. Luella grinned and walked towards them as well. Charlie gave them a hug first, and Luella gave hem a hug second.

"This is Willy Wonka," Charlie said, introducing the CEO of the well known candy company. "He gave us a ride home!"

"I can see that." Mrs. Bucket nodded and looked up at the ceiling before looking back at the man.

"You must be the boy's. . " Wonka started to have a hard time saying parents again. Luella decided to help him out and say it for him.

"Parents?"

"Yes, thank you, Luella." He grinned at her, she nodded.

"No problem." Luella continued, "Also, Charlie has won something from the factory!"

"Not just any prize, I'm going to give this boy my factory!" Wonka exclaimed. Luella's eyes widened.

"No. . you're joking. . you aren't joking are you? You're joking. . " She furrowed her eyebrows, and crossed her arms and she smiled.

"I'm not joking. A month ago, I was having my semi-annual hair cut, and I had the strangest revelation: a grey hair. My first grey hair! In that one silver strand, I saw reflected my life's work. My factory, my beloved Oompa Loompas, and I realised in that moment that I needed to find an heir. And I did! Charlie, you!"

"All because I won a golden ticket?" He asked, smiling widely.

"Yes! I invited 5 children over to my factory, and the one who was the least rotten is the winner!" Wonka told him rather excitedly.

Luella crouched down to Charlie's height. "That's you, Charlie."

"So, Charlie. . whaddya say?" Wonka asked, "Are you ready to leave all this behind and work at the factory?"

"Sure! Of course--I mean, if it's alright that my family comes along with me."

"Oh my, dear boy, of course they can't! You can't run a chocolate factory with family hanging over you like an old dead goose!" He turned towards the seniors, "No offense."

"None taken." One of the replied, "Jerk."

"So if I go to the factory, then I won't ever be able to see my family again?" Charlie asked, his face fell to a sad expression, Luella was even confused at this point. No family?