🍭 | VII

The next morning, Luella decided to dye her hair back to brown

The next morning, Luella decided to dye her hair back to brown. She loved white, but wanted her natural colour back. "Another day, another adventure. I should probably go see what Charlie's doing. ."

She grabbed her basic needs and left out of the house as soon as her hair was finished. When she arrived, she saw Charlie polishing a man's pair of shoes. She ruffled Charlie's hair when she approached him, making Charlie look up at her and smile. "Hey, Charlie."

"Hey, Lue!" He beamed, and continued to polish the man's shoes. "How was recording and writing?"

"It was. . average. . well, the recording at least. But writing it was fun." She grinned. "You look like you've been doing well."

"Oh yes, very well! We fixed the hole in the ceiling, and Grandpa Joe stayed out of bed for the entire day! Also, dad got a new job at the toothpaste factory, repairing machines."

"That's great!" Luella cheered, "I'm so glad things have gotten better for your family!"

"Pity for that chocolate fellow, Wendell, er, Wally. Walter." The man spoke from behind his news paper.

"Willy Wonka?" Luella asked, she sighed.

"That's the one. Says here in the paper that his candies aren't selling well." When the gentleman said so, Luella's face softened. She frowned slightly. The man continued; "But I suppose he's just a rotten egg who deserves it."

"Yup." Charlie nodded. Luella did so too, but reluctantly.

"Oh really? Ever met him?"

"I did. I thought he was great at first, but then, he didn't turn out so nice. And he has such a funny haircut."

"I think the haircut suits him honestly. It is a bit funny looking, though." Luella said, shrugging. The man put down his newspaper.

"I do not!" It was the man himself, Willy Wonka. Luella grinned, but Charlie stayed skeptical.

"Why are you here?" Charlie asked, and continued to polish his shoes.

"I don't feel so hot." He retorted rather aggressively. "What makes you feel better when you feel terrible?"

"My family." Charlie answered.

"Ew." Wonka sat back in his seat, his face scrunched up in disgust. Luella crossed her arms at this.

"Do you not remember the advice I gave you?" Luella snapped, "Sometimes, family is all you need in times like this." She pointed at Wonka, "You need it especially. Seclusion can't help people that much, especially if it's a group effort, like your factory."

"And your family is usually trying to protect you." Charlie added, "Because they love you."

Wonka says nothing in response, but keeps making a face of disgust.