Chapter Three

Andraste has no choice but to follow the brunette as he dragged her by her wrist through the streets of Paris. Grantaire and her ran, listening to the yells and rushed steps of the officers behind them.

They both turned a corner, quickly. Grantaire dragged Andra into and alley and they both pressed their backs up against one of the brick walls, blending into the shadows.

The officers ran past the alley opening and disappeared from vision and earshot. Andra let out a breath she hadn't noticed she had been holding and look at Grantaire.

Andra knew she was in a dangerous position right now. She stood in a dark alley with a man who's breath smelled of alcohol. He could pin her to the ground at any moment and either kill her or rape her.

"Thank you for helping me, but I should be going," she mumbled and tried to walk past him. He stepped in front of her, making fear and anger course through her veins.

"Not so fast," he smiled. "I have to bring you somewhere."

"No," Andra shook her head and crossed her arms. The boy smirked at her before grabbing her wrist once again as he took her deeper into the alley. "Let go of me!" Andra shrieked as she hit him. He refused to let go, probably not feeling much due to his intoxication.

They reached the end of the alley, walking out into a quiet street. The man continued to hold onto Andra as they walked up to an old building. Andra stared at the building, recognizing it as the Café Musain. Why did this man bring her to a café?

The man opened the door and walked in with Andra in tow, tightening his grip on her. She had stopped hitting him once they left the alley, but she still struggled against his hold.

He lead her through the café, passing by two women sweeping the floor. They completely ignored Grantaire and Andra. She wasn't sure if that should be good as this man would more than likely not harm her because they didn't think he was dangerous, or he was dangerous so they didn't get in his way. Andra hoped for the first.

He lead her to the back of the shop, entering the back room. Andra suddenly felt awkward when the door opened to reveal many men standing around a table, papers spread out across the table.

One of the many men in the room was hunched over the table but straightened up when he saw that Andraste entered the room. Everyone in the room went silent and stood up, staring at Andra.

"Did Grantaire finally find a girlfriend?" One of the many boys in the room snickered. Andra glared at Grantaire.

"He wishes," she scoffed as she unclasped Grantaire's hand from her wrist. "What the hell is this place?"

"This is the ABC Café," the man that had previously been hunched over the table spoke as he walked up to Andra and Grantaire. "I'm Enjolras. And who are you?" Andra was surprised that the man did not sound angry or rude when he asked who she was. Instead he was kind and curious, his voice soft.

Andraste was intrigued by this man. His blonde curls framed his handsome face nicely. He had long, thick lashes over his striking blue eyes. His lips were full and pink, going along with that neutral emotion on his face. He reminded Andra of the Greek god, Apollo. He was handsome and had eyes that told a story. This trait Andra was instantly in love with.

Enjolras stared back at Andra, looking over her face. He had always considered himself a good judge of character as he was able to read people and Enjolras instantly knew that Andra was a strong woman. That could be seen just by the way she had snatched her arm back from Grantaire. He admired this trait in her.

Enjolras looked over her facial features, seeing how her light brown hair fell in waves to her mid shoulder blades. Her pink lips looked soft and full and Enjolras couldn't keep himself from wondering what they tasted like. She had green eyes beneath thick, black eyelashes. A few freckles dotted her face over her lightly blushed cheeks. She had a natural beauty that Enjolras had never seen before.

Enjolras's thoughts were interrupted as Grantaire poked his head in between the two of them, blocking Enjolras's sight of Andraste.

"What's happening?" Grantaire asked, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Enjolras had been admiring the girl he brought into the room.

"Nothing," Enjolras mumbled as Grantaire moved back next to Andra. "What is your name?"

"Andraste," Andra told him with a small scowl. "Now can you tell me why this buffoon dragged me here?" Andra crossed her arms, nodding towards Grantaire.

Enjolras looked to Grantaire who smiled back at him.

"Why did you bring her here?" Enjolras asked after a moment of the two men awkwardly staring at each other.

"Oh, that," Grantaire smiled. "I found her in the street getting beaten by two French officers. She had thrown herself in top of an old man who had been getting the same beating. I though she'd be a perfect person to join us."

Enjolras turned back to Andra with an eyebrow surprised, surprised that this small girl had taken a beating to help and elderly man.

"Join what?" Andra asked.

"We're revolutionaries," a man from behind Enjolras spoke with a smile. "I'm Courfeyrac." The man winked at her, earning a scowl and a glare. But what he had said was interesting. This is what's Andraste wanted. She wanted to end the king's tyranny. She wanted to end the monarchy.

"You want to fight in the revolution?" Andra asked them. Enjolras nodded.

"And it seemed Grantaire wants you to join us," Enjolras lips twitched upwards into a small smile. He wasn't against the idea. This girl obviously had some bravery. They could use that.

Andraste smiled. "Call me Andra."