7

Missy Milkovich woke up in a bed way comfier than her bed at home. The room was clean, wooden and was full of house plants. From the pair of arms around her, she knew last night most definitely wasn't a dream and she immediately felt guilty.

She broke out of his grip and began searching for her clothes on the floor, she was so close to sneaking out successfully but he woke up once she was putting on her boots. "So I wasn't dreaming" he said while turning so he was on his side so he could look at her while talking. "Guess not" she said unamused as he smiled. "Do you still need me to go with you today" he asked as she shook her head. "I think I can handle it" she said about to walk towards the door but he didn't want her to so he spoke again.

"W-what did I do wrong" he asked softly as she turned to look at him but he spoke again. "That was meaningless to you. I know that, because it was meaningless to me too" he lied as she spun back around and took a breath of relief before taking a seat on the bed. "Really" she asked through a smile as he nodded. "Of course. I mean me and you ?" He said through the fakest laugh ever. "That's what I said" she added before laughing with him, except hers was real laughter.

"We just, wouldn't go well together. I mean I'm too independent for you. You like to do everything for your girlfriends, you told me that. Besides, it's always been me and Carl and it always will be" she began as he nodded along with her but was biting his cheek in order to prevent tears from streaming down his cheeks. "You and Carl, exactly" he croaked out through a smile as she smiled back at him, she didn't even notice the tears in his eyes.

"You and me. God, that's absolutely disgusting. You can shower if you want or you can go I mean if you want to change to see Danielle, I mean not that you don't look great" he said before pretending to check his phone. "That's Holly. She's actually on her way. Can you leave" he lied as she saluted him before standing up. "Of course I can. Tell her from me, you're a sensational fuck" she joked before winking as he called her back one last time. "I can come by afterwords" he began but she shook her head. "I wouldn't want to deprive the south side of Micheal Groven. I'll text you" she said before blowing a kiss at him and walking out of his apartment.

The desperation was clear in his eyes before she left but she was so busy thinking about the events of later that day that she didn't even notice. She left him there completely defeated, not only was he in love with her, she was also his first time but he'd never tell her that, she said it herself, the idea of them was weird.

She took the elevator and walked out of the building happy, she was walking back happy until she bumped into Sandy walking towards her. "Where are you going" she asked her cousin who smiled. "Picking up Debbie from Carl's" she said before winking, she asked Missy what she was doing but the girl picked up her pace and more or less ran home, she refused to be late.

She offered to take Yevgeny with her and Svetlana jumped at the idea, she even went as far as to wrap her arms around the girl out of gratitude. "Are you excited" her nephew asked as they walked. "Of course I am. That's my little girl" she said honestly as he smiled and walked into the park. He went to go play while she sat on a bench, she waited for an hour before realizing that Carl wasn't going to show until he took a seat next to her thirty minutes later.

"Sorry we're late" he said apologetically as she shrugged. "I thought you weren't going to show" she said bluntly as he sighed. "You know I wouldn't do that to you" he said annoyed as she turned to face him. "Do I ?" she said a little too loud until she looked down to see her daughter sitting on the tiger side of him.

"Danielle" she whispered as the little girl looked up at her with the most sparkling pair of blue eyes. "Mom" the girl whispered as Missy smiled the widest smile ever at her. "I love you so much, you know that right" she began as the girl nodded and threw herself at her mother, wrapping her arms around her as tight as she could. "Why don't you go and play" he said to his daughter as she nodded so he turned to face Missy. "Her names Danielle. It's always been Danielle. It's just Bianca. She's been playing mind games with her" Carl began as Missy's whole face dropped. "You let her" she interrupted as he threw his head back. "Let me finish" he said loudly as the girl closed her mouth. Mike was right, she made exceptions for Carl that she wouldn't for anyone else.

"She always wanted kids. You weren't coming back in my eyes" he began as she nodded but was trying to fight back her anger. "I'm never coming back in your eyes" she whispered as he sighed. "Why are you being like this" he questioned as she raised an eyebrow. "You. You're why I'm being like this. You have no faith in me. At this stage in life it feels like I could take a walk to the store and you'd replace me" she spat as he rubbed his hand over his face. "You know it's not like that" he said defeated as she sat back. Danielle has made herself comfortable in the sandbox and seemed to be befriending another child.

"I don't know what I know anymore" she whispered as he stood up. "I still love you" he said as she ignored him. "I love you. I haven't fucking stopped" he shouted even louder, people were staring and he knew that but didn't care. "I became a cop to feel closer to you. I was going to work hard and become a prison officer. I was going to find my way back to you" he began as she nodded. "By jumping into Bianca's bed. I got it" she said bitterly as he sighed. "Come on Miss. you know it's not like that" he shouted, he was begging her and she didn't know what for but she felt powerful.

"Maybe everyone was right" she whispered before turning to look at him. "'Maybe you don't deserve me. Maybe I should go back to Mikes apartment, sleep with him again and then marry him and get full custody of Danielle" she began as his face dropped. "You and Mike" he said shocked as she shrugged. "What do you care. You have a girlfriend" she said sarcastically as he nodded. "I'm not even going to argue with you" he said annoyed as she nodded before walking over to the sandbox picking up her daughter and walking back over to him.

"Good" she said about to walk off but he stood up with her. "What are you doing now" he asked as she smirked. "You just said you weren't going to argue with me. I'm taking my baby home" she said as she called Yevgeny so Carl nodded. "Take me with you then. Let Bianca keep the apartment" he begged as she laughed. "Let some pyschopath live in the apartment I paid for" she said before hysterically laughing as she took her nephew by the hand and walked out of the park. Carl following her the whole way like a dog.

"Missy" he called after her but she ignored him, she warned Yevgeny not to look back until they reached her house. The man waited at the end of the steps, he wouldn't dare step foot into her house without permission. Deep down, he was still afraid of her family. "Missy. Please" he shouted as she opened the door and left her nephew in. "Beg" she spat before laughing even harder and taking a step inside. "You tell Bianca this is war" she shouted before slamming the door shut and putting her daughter down. "Welcome home baby" she whispered as her grandmother rushed over to greet the new member of their household.