Chapter 4: Future Plans

It's become common now for Hanji and I to talk constantly. Her last name was cute... Zoe... Hanji Zoe. Her favorite color was royal blue and her favorite food turns out to be ramen. What's also fun is that she is also in high school! A year younger than me... she's a cute junior in high and advance classes. She doesn't mind it if I called her a nerd or not... but sometimes, I do call her that.

For some reason, I scrolled through my messages with Hanji, and smiled with the stupidest smile on my face. I loved reading them and imagining us talking face to face. Hopefully... we could do it soon.

"You acting okay?" I turned to see Erwin with a small cut on his lip- all thanks to me. "It's just... you and this Hannah person are getting a bit too close..." He begins to smirk more with his blue eyes drifting to my screen.

"I-I'm fine!" I shouted towards him, turning my phone off. But I felt he had a small glimpse of it. "Leave me, Erwin."

"Oh?" He chuckles, sitting next to me with his tray of food. "What's that?"

"Tch... none of your business!" I growled, pushing him away.

He just laughs softly, continuing to stare me. "Oh... defensive? That's something new... what's really between you and Hannah? Hm? Tell me, Levi! Now! Or else..." He chuckles menacingly towards me.

Rolling my eyes, I groaned and looked right into his eyes. "Or what, Erwin?" And suddenly my phone pings, and when I turned it on... I saw it was from Hanji. 

"Hanji... hm..." 

I look up to see Erwin's eyes looking down at my screen- reading it. Protective over my own property, I got up and pushed him away- pushing him close to the other tables. "I said, back off, Erwin." I began to growl as I just stared up to him.

He laughs, pushing me slightly. "Calm down, Levi-"

I grabbed his hand and twisted it a bit. With narrowed eyes, I looked down with him as the cafeteria fell silent and watching us. A scowl began to grow on my face as I looked up to him. "I wanted you to back off... but you didn't. Want me to give you another cut on your lip? Huh?"

"No."

"Then my private messages are none of your business, Erwin Caleob Smith. It is none of your business. And I mean it. Stay out of it!" I shouted to him, removing my hand from his hand. My eyes then drifted over the cafeteria- who was still silent.

*   *   *

Serving detention later that day, I couldn't host the server at the usual time. I even had to admit that to Hanji... and eventually explaining why. At first, it seemed that she was kinda laughing about me getting busted for defending her... and then she grew sad to know I wasn't gonna be on. Saying how she was gonna entertain herself for the time missing... something like that.

But now, getting on... it felt weird. Taking a deep breath, I logged onto the game normally, and got tons of notifications. But the thing that stood out was an invite to a private chat. Accepting it, I couldn't read the history, but upon entering... I felt something was off.

Undefeated_Captain910 - What is going on?

Sweet_Honey_Tree - Oh nothing, Levi. It's just that... we all gotten to know Hanji very well. Hanji? They know? Heh...

CrazyChildXOXO - Yeah... I felt comfortable enough for people to know who I am, Levi...

Huh... I began to smile when I saw how comfortable she was. Of course... I'm glad she's having a nice time, fitting in. 

Undefeated_Captain910 - That's good, Hanji.

EyebrowGalore - So this was the Hanji that you were texting, huh? You guys gotten very, very close. And you knew her real name this whole entire time, huh?

Undefeated_Captain910 - Erwin, stfu.

EyebrowGalore - Hah, never.

Slayer104 - Guys, please stop. Um, welcome back, Levi. We kinda have things to talk about...

Undefeated_Captain910 - Like what?

Slayer104 - Erwin, care to explain what you were planning?

EyebrowGalore - Fine. Levi, we were planning on meeting together. There's a gaming convention sometime next month. So listen, Hanji is completely free on those 3 days... and she can do whatever she wants on those 3 days. So. We're planning on going on those 3 days- and you're coming with us.

Undefeated_Captain910 - I may or may not be busy.

EyebrowGalore -  Come on, you don't want to meet Hanji in person?

Undefeated_Captain910 - I do. Just... isn't it too soon for that kind of stuff?

CrazyChildXOXO -  Same, Levi. But um... I still wanna meet you. If it's alright with you... please, Levi, try to do it.

In all honesty... I wanted to... but meeting her in person... scares me. But I'm still willing to try... for Hanji. With a smile on my face, I wanted to meet her... I wanted to be with her. If I'm thinking of all that... does that make Hanji my crush? If word gets out that I'm in love with her... I would be humiliated by Erwin the rest of my life.

Undefeated_Captain910 - Fine... I'll try my best.