Chapter 3

*(y/n)'s POV*

BB-8 really fascinated me, I couldn't even turn on the TV after I brought him into my apartment, which was a pain in the butt to carry him up the stairs because he was heavy. But I didn't let that bother me. All I did was sit on my couch and eat my macaroni and cheese, while I was observing BB-8. He's a cool little droid. I've never seen something like him before. The way he rolls and beeps in response. It's so cute and also amazing. To be honest, I think I might've made my first friend.

I was still curious to know where BB-8 came from. I was suspecting that he's from outer space somewhere after I read the description on the escape pod. Even if he's from outer space or not, I am not letting anyone have him, especially Paul. He's my responsibility now and I don't anything to happen to him while he's with me. Hopefully, whoever owns BB-8 will come back for him one day.

***

I woke up from BB-8 beeping in front of me and rolling back and forth. I looked at my cell phone from my nightstand to see what time it was. I groaned as I saw the time. "BB-8, it's 7:35 am. It's so early in the morning for me." I told him.

BB-8 beeped in response. "I'm suspecting that this is your daily routine to wake up your master. Am I correct?" I asked. Then, BB-8 beeped 'yep'.

Even though I was tired, I still got up, rubbed my eyes, and I left my bedroom as I was heading to the kitchen, with BB-8 following behind me. "Well, since I'm taking care of you now, BB-8, I'll take your word—uhh...beeps for it. I'm gonna make some coffee right now. I gotta return my Earth Science textbook back to the library later today." I said, while I yawned a bit. BB-8 beeped in response. I giggled a bit afterwards and, then, I started making my coffee.

***

Somewhere in outer space...

*Rey's POV*

"We should reach Earth in a couple of hours." I said, as I was glancing at the navigator as the Millennium Falcon was traveling through lightspeed. "I hope BB-8 landed safely somewhere. I'm so worried about him." Poe said. I turned to Poe and I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "I'm sure BB-8 is alright, Poe. We'll find him." Poe smiled at me and he patted my hand with his. "Thanks, Rey." He said. I nodded back at him and, then, I turned back to the control panel.

"I just hope the First Order isn't following us." Finn said from behind me and Poe. I looked at the scanners. "The scanners show no ships or other fleets following us." I said. "Good. That's the last thing we need is the First Order following us." Finn said.

*Kylo's POV*

I was sitting in the pilot seat with General Hux sitting next to me in the co-pilot seat as I was piloting a small First Order transport pod to follow the Millennium Falcon. "Why did you shut off the tracking system, Ren?" General Hux asked. "Because those who are on the Millennium Falcon will know that we're following them and, then, they'll change their course." I explained. "Um, good point, then." General Hux said.

There was a long pause for a minute until General Hux spoke again. "I still don't get why I have to accompany with you on this mission, Ren, and why you didn't bring any Stormtroopers with us for back up." He said. "Well, first of all, General Hux, I don't trust leaving you in charge of the First Order while I'm gone. Secondly, we're gonna deal with this ourselves without any backup." I said.

"So, you've decided to leave Captain Peavey in charge of the First Order instead of me?" General Hux asked, while complaining at the same time, which was starting to irritate me. "Captain Peavey has more responsibility and less jealousy of running the First Order than you do. You've been wanting to be Supreme Leader ever since Snoke was murdered by 'Rey'." I said.