12: So Jealous

Tonight is my date with Salvatore

Tonight is my date with Salvatore. I don't know what to expect. He said to wear something nice. Could he be any more vague? It's around five-o'clock and I have no idea what the fuck I should wear. I consider wearing a T-shirt and jeans, but decide to call up Belen.

"Mads," I say as I peek my head out of my bedroom door. She looks towards me and raises her head up. "Call up Belen and tell her I need her right now."

"Right away, Ms. Imari," her tiny voice says. I thank her and slip back inside my bedroom. I plop back down on my bed and fiddle with my thumbs.

Fuck. I have never been on a proper date in eight years. I don't know what to expect. He couldn't have been more vague. All he said was to dress nice and that we're going out to eat. Okay, but what the fuck does that entail? Is it going to be a five-star restaurant? A fucking bar? McDonald's? I need to know, but his jackass wouldn't tell me.

An hour goes by and Belen finally arrives. I had Mads give her all the details about why I needed her so quickly. Belen barges into my room with a dress in her hand. I can't see what the dress looks like, since it's in a garment bag. I spring up from my bed and walk over to her.

"You're going on a date? That's a shocker," Belen says as she sets the dress down on my bed. She grabs my face, turning it left and right. "Do you ever sleep? You're lucky I brought my makeup with me."

For some reason, I don't care that she wants to apply makeup on my very tired face. I want her to cover up the dark bags under my eyes and make me look... not so dead. She walks over to her bag and takes out a carrier for her makeup.

Damn. She came prepared.

Belen sat me down and started to bombard me with questions about my date. I can't say I'm surprised.

"So... who's the lucky guy?" Belen says as she applies concealer under my eyes. Her brown hair falls forward and onto my face. I blow it away as she squints her hazel eyes and grabs a pink egg looking sponge.

"No one you know," I say quickly. I'd rather play it safe and have no one (but Z) know that I'm going on a date with Salvatore. I want to keep my private life, well, private. I really don't need everyone knowing about whatever this is.

"Hm, is that so?" She has a smirk on her face as she pounds my face with her little sponge. I furrow my eyebrows at her, but she just shrugs.

I brush it off and try to calm my nerves. This isn't a big deal. This is a one time thing. We'll go to dinner and find out that we have nothing in common. Yeah, this is fine. It doesn't even fucking matter. This is Salvatore. Fucking Salvatore. The only thing we have in common is we both kill.

That's about it.

"Dude, you're gonna poke me in the fucking eye with that shit," I curse as I see Belen pull out mascara. She shushes me and tells me to look down. I reluctantly do what she says and she applies the mascara on my lashes. The next twenty minutes consist of Belen putting God knows what on my face. I explicitly told her that I did not want to be cake-faced. I just hope she listened.