Two.

Chapter Two. 

Last Wednesday, when school started, Laurie wouldn't shut up about Luke, and still won't. She told me that he invited her to a party tonight, after informing me that they exchanged numbers. She begged and pleaded until I couldn't take the sound of her voice any longer, finally giving in. 

I normally go to parties, but a party with Laurie? I don't know her that well, but I know what is bound to happen tonight. Luke will do his usual thing, and then never speak another word to her. I will not Luke get his way with Laurie. She doesn't deserve that, she deserves much more than Luke. 

"Where is the party tonight?" I grumble. 

"Luke's house," she shrugs, painting her toe nails. I throw my head back, already dreading tonight. Laurie is going be a lot to handle, she already is sober. 

I don't want to go to Luke's house, but I will not let Laurie get caught up in the drama of Luke. I have never been to a party at Luke's house, so it will be unfamiliar to me and easier to lose Laurie in the mounds of the intoxicated teenagers. 

I stand from Laurie's bed, observing my appearance in the mirror. I'm wearing what I wore to school, "on our way to the party we have to swing by my house and I have to change," I tell Laurie, hoping it will speed up her need to have pink toenails. 

She nods, concentration still visible in her face. 

I know I said I wouldn't be there for Laurie when Luke hurts her, but if I can end them quick enough before she knows what she is actually feeling for Luke. I shouldn't be getting between them, but she doesn't know Luke like I do. 

He is not only trouble, but a terrible human being. 

I want to end Luke's mistreatment toward every girl he lays eyes on. 

---

We finally arrive at the party after an hour's worth of me trying on outfits, not satisfied with what I tried on. 

Laurie eventually pulled me out of the door, a deep blue crop top and light washed shorts being what I was settling with. I clung on to my stomach the whole ride here, not wanting to reveal more of m body than necessary. 

Luke's house is small and simple, an off-white. We walk inside the small home, mounds of teenagers chugging down cups of beer and multiple shots. I smile widely, only for it to fade because I am on a mission tonight. 

I only agreed to come to this party with Laurie because I need to keep her from going to Luke's room tonight. I don't know why I am so keen on keeping Laurie from sleeping with Luke, it may just be that I want to interrupt Luke's need to disrespect woman. 

An hour or two passes and I have already lost Laurie. She ventured off, saying she had to use the bathroom. Its understandable if she wanted to get some space, considering I was clinging onto her. 

I search the house, walking in on three occasions I should not have. The upstairs is completely empty, making it a comfortable silence. The vibrations from the music thump against the hard wood of the floor, distracting me from the mission I was on when I first got here. 

I find that the bathroom is at the end of the hall, and completely empty. Dammit, Laurie. I wish she would just open her eyes and realize Luke is only using her. I head back down the hallway, hearing a faint sob in the room I am passing by. I scrunch my eyebrows together, stopping in mid step. 

I knock lightly, turning the door knob and walking in on Laurie sitting on the floor next to the bed. Her cheeks are stained with tears and her eyes are swollen and bloodshot from crying, I hurry over to her, kneeling at her side and wiping her cheeks with my palms.