His Attraction

~Two Days Later~

Because of the incident, Cove Discovery was closed down until further notice.

They took all the merfolk and fish into this facility. All of the people there were kind and patient with the merfolk because they were aware they had a past of abuse.

When they needed to urgently help them then they would call us.

They called Roman and said

"We need your help with Virgil, he has to get his stitches removed."

We did say we would come at anytime. We were happy to help.

They notice their reactions to other people and us.

Then they said "You have such a special connection with merfolk? Why is that?"

I said "I guess we were the first people who understood them."

When we got to the facility they led Roman in a different room.

~_~

I walked in the room and saw they led Virgil in a different tank.

"He has a lot of anxiety, I hope for you to calm him down."

I walked on the stairs that led to the top of the tank.

When Virgil noticed me, he swam up to the top and slid out of the tank. He laid his back on the wall and sat like a human on the floor.

He smiled.

I grabbed his hand and lifted it to observe his arm.

Virgil made a small cute squeak.

"How many?"

Before the workers answered, they saw how Virgil started counting and let him answer.

Virgil squeaked happily as he put up nine fingers.

I decided to teach a little understanding of English. So I taught him that when I said 'How many?' and pointed to something to count it. He seemed very interested in learning about it too.

"You taught him that??"

I touched Virgil's cheek.

"Yep!"

Virgil smiled widely and nuzzled into my hand.

"Well," The worker continued "Now that he's calmer, can you bring him to the table?"

"Yeah, I got him."

I picked him up and he hugged me tightly.

"It's ok..."

I noticed how he looks more at facial expressions than words which is smart in the fact that it gives hints on what I'm saying.

His grip loosened and calmed down.

I slowly put him on the table but he wouldn't let go.

He had a mischievous smile.

I laughed.

I tried to pry his hand off, but he pulled closer.

He may look short and thin, but swimming all day every day is has to make you at least a little bit stronger.

When he got me three inches away, he turned my cheek and kissed it.

He let me go and he smiled widely. He then put his arm out towards a worker, gesturing for them to take off the stitches.

My face was very hot a worker said "I got a picture!!"

"Hey, can you get a towel for Virgil to hold."

"Y-Yeah, sure..."

I grabbed a nearby towel hanging up on the wall.

I tried to hand Virgil the towel but after grabbing it he put it to the side and grabbed my hand.

"He's really attracted to you." A worked said, laughing.

When he started taking out the stitches he winced in pain. Virgil made little squeaks that sounded a little like an 'Ow'.

He squeezed my hand tightly when one of the stitches was stuck.

The only thing that I thought was

Why is he so... cute...

~_~

Hellooo humans who read this book. I low key think y'all are insane. 350 views!!! Omg, you people are so supportive of this book and I can't thank you enough!! Anyway everyone reading have a good night or day! Bye!!

Word Count: 613