Emotional Smarts

Patton jumped out of the water practically tackling him while hugging him tightly.

"LLooogAaannn. Looggaa. Loogaa." Patton said attempting to say his name.

Patton thought for a second. "Lo!"

A small smile went on Logan's face. Patton's voice was so cute on the fact that it was high pitched.

Patton took off the glasses and put them back on Logan.

Patton pushed himself up and put his head back. He fell backwards in the water tank. The way Patton bent backward looked inhuman.

"Patton has the spine of a contortionist." A worker said. "He's very flexible and unique. None of the other merfolk we got has this ability. When we talked to the people who used to work at Cove Discovery to get more information about the merfolk, they said how they got Patton when he was small. The only thing Patton knows how to do is entertain. Having no other purpose but to stretch himself around to get a few smiles. We thought they were just saying that, but we see it in him. Just look at him in the eyes."

Logan looked at Patton who wasn't paying attention.

He saw the dullness in his eyes. He was just picking at his nails but looked up and saw Logan staring at him.

A sudden spark was flashed into his eyes and he smiled brightly.

"But..." The boss of the company said, walking through the door. "He isn't hopeless. You seem to cause a lot of happiness just by you being in the same room. He needs you. I was told you don't live here, correct?"

"Yeah, I have two more days."

"Well, our company wants to buy you and your friend Roman a hotel to stay in. We need your help.

"I'll have to ask him, but I'm sure he would be excited."

"I'm grateful! Anyway, because that's said and done, we asked you here to help us. Your the only one who can get him out of that corner. He doesn't trust anyone but you. We need to clean the wounds on his back and chest or they'll get infected."

I nodded and looked back at Patton again, who was tiredly stretching his arms.

I walked back up the stairs that led to the top of the tank.

I saw the large smile that spread across his face.

He swam out the water and said "Lo!" In the high-pitched voice he has.

I picked him up out of the water and started walking towards the table.

I look at him and Pattons face had become entirely red.

"L-Lo??" Patton said stuttering. He fidgeted with Logan's tie.

By the time we got to the table Patton seemed to be too interested with Logan's tie.

Logan placed him on the table and undid his tie, handing it to him.

Patton analyzed it while Logan put on latex gloves on and got the peroxide.

This is going to hurt...

//Like i said before, I'm so sorry for those of you earlier when I spoiled it. Anyway I hope you liked the chapter (Or the rest of the chapter.) and I hope you guys have a good day or night! Bye!!!\\

Word Count:534