Finally Known

//Wow, this view count doubled from the last time I checked, thank you! If your wondering where ive been wait till the summary at the end!\\

"I have to ask Mom and Mommy! Gimmie a sec!" The stranger as a child said. His mothers' looked like him as well. Sharp teeth, smooth gray tails, no scales. "Mama! Can Goldy and I go down to the reef?"

Remus smiled brightly, hoping for a yes. "Hmm.." the mom being addressed looked at her spouse and back at the child.

"I don't see why not, but stay together and be back before dark! Goldy's parents will get worried!"

Remus immediately turned around, grabbing the golden child's hand. "We will!" He called back at his parents.

Goldy snickered while being pulled by Remus, who was a lot faster than he was.

They quickly arrived at the reef. It was big and filled with many different colors.

There were many hiding spots in the huge lumps of coral so beforehand they both decided to play hide-n-seek.

Goldy tapped Remus' nose, who was spacing out a bit. "Count to ten, and no peeking this time!"

Remus turned around and started counting, and obviously tried to peek on 6, but by the time he did Goldy was long gone.

"7... 8...?" His voice got lower, when noticing he was gone and forgot to finish counting. "I'm coming for ya!"

Remus' speed made it easier for him to seek, and the other child's golden tail made him easier to find. Yet, he couldn't find Goldy anywhere.

Remus was a bit nervous, but didn't want to be called a baby, so he didn't call it quits.

Even so, there was a small sound behind him,  but before he could react the golden-tailed boy hugged him from behind. "Goldy! You were supposed to stay hidden!"

"You we're taking too long!" The child jokingly complained.

"I was not-" Remus said, but was cut off by a hand slapped over his mouth. Remus pulled Goldy's hand off and turned around to face him. "What are you-"

"Shh."

Goldy lightly pulled Remus' wrist lower into the reef while looking up. Remus looked up to see what he was he so worried about.

There was a boat.

Nether of them saw one in real life before, but were told stories of humans, tons of them on boats who captured merfolk.

"What do we do?"

//Uh- hai- uhm- I'm currently breathing rn? Uh- I kinda had a REALLY long art block from my mental health deteriorating, but hi. I can't make promises just yet, but I am getting a lot better and I'm doing these during my spare time. I love you guys, and thank you so much for appreciating my book. Y'all are amazing! Anyways, have a good day or night. Byeeee!\\

Word Count: 467