[9] 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

The silence in the room is defeaning, however, the tension is clearly there. [Name] could easily feel it radiating from the older sister. The [hair color] haired female took a quick gulp, attempting to break the silence and also an attempt to relieve her sister from pressure. "[Older sister], hear me out." Was all she could say so simply. Not before long, [older sister] slowly faced her younger sister with a nonchalant expression, but her vibe is off.

With [Name]'s phone in hand, she turned down the call by pressing the button. She stared at her sister, giving off an intimidating glare, "What was all that about, [Name]? You're hanging out with a dangerous fellow?" She interrogated, her tone hinted both of concern and irritation. [Older sister] placed her phone on the coffee table, her arms suddenly crossed itself over her chest, she looked as if she is not open to any responses as of the moment, her mouth seemed to be ready to speak of something that might be against to [Name]'s wishes anytime.

"Another psychic, [Name], another psychic," She stated, "Damn it, sister, if you really wanted a normal life—start befriending other normal people! Not someone like him!" [Older sister] exclaimed, her face began to transition to a hue of crimson as she fumed in anger, "Way back you've always yearned for a normal life. And I gave you the tuition to enroll at a school—but I never knew that you could meet someone like him," She expressed, slowly, the older sister walked towards the couch and sat on its surface.

Her hand placed itself on her right temple, massaging it gently as she eases herself from a coming headache, "This is my fault. I never should've picked that school at the first place. Now I have plans.." She trailed off, she began to clasp both of her hands under her chin.

"I don't want to transfer," [Name] protested, her older sister's eyes widened, but before the elder could say another word—
"I've made friends other than Saiki. They.. are normal people, but they are surely unique in terms of personality.. I like them. I'm growing to be attached with them."

She crossed her leg over the other, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes squint towards the female in front of her. [Older sister] immerses herself into her own thoughts.
"[Name], you do realize that I am doing this for your sake, right? I love you because you are my younger sister. You are my first priority than anything," [Older sister] stated, "I'm sorry for what I did earlier, I was frantic. But up until now I feel paranoid. Choose your friends carefully... please."

"They are pretty cool." [Name] simply responded.
"Cool or not, you have to have the standards. Choose whom you can trust, but I suggest not for you to trust anyone as of this point," [Older sister] advised, "Do not trust the psychic, nor the psychics you meet along the way."

This actually made one of [Name]'s eyebrows rose in question, "I'm sorry, but why are you so stingy about psychics? I'm a psychic either!" She argued. She couldn't help but to be curious as to why her own blood would speak of something defiling against her kind.
"I'm not stingy about you. I just don't trust them. You are a different kind." [Older sister] emphasized, her finger pointed at her figure as she have said so. "I'm nothing unique, sister. I would still be classified as a psychic," She responded, "But you haven't actually answered my question—why are you so stingy about psychics? Tell me."

Her older sister gave a long huff before she proceeded to respond to her inquiry.

"I just don't want you to end up like mom."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Good grief, I messed up, Kusuo thought to himself, his eyebrows were scrunched up, both of his palms are clasped together and were placed just on the level of his nose. The psychic continue to dwell within his thoughts, If I knew that her older sister is this spiteful against psychics other than her younger sister, I may have a detailed and well-thought out plan as of now. But why didn't I receive a vision?

The pinknette stood up from his office chair and walked towards at the end of his bedroom, Is it merely because I am not myself today? He questioned himself, No, that is not even a plausible cause. Good grief, wouldn't I as well be content that whenever we would encounter each other in the halls—she will ignore me?

I desire for an ordinary life. I desire for peace, The psychic expressed himself, his amethyst eyes began to wander around his room, 'til its attention fixated itself on his phone, However, why do I not seem to feel contentment when I imagine [Name] ignoring me?

But she can be unpredictable.

After what happened, it's a possibility that she'll still talk to me, He says in his thoughts, clearly not minding it's almost past midnight. Kusuo walked towards the edge of his bed and continued to think about the situation at hand.

I dislike meddling into other's businesses, He reminded himself, But then I remember that I was dragged into this predicament. Good grief, I may have involved the other psychics too, he realizes before he started to grab one of his pillows and automatically, he placed it down in front of him.

But I am actually curious as to why her older sister unpalatable to the psychic kind, He says as he slowly puts himself in a lying position. Kusuo began to grab his white blanket and he covered himself for comfort. And most especially, why would she even involve their own mother?

The psychic yawned, he snatched a pillow from the other edge of the bed and started to place his leg over it—his arm pulled the white pillow close to his figure. Enveloping the cushion in his arms, his amethyst eyes slowly close themselves and transition completely to slumber, before the psychic concludes his train of thought with a notion in his mind.

Perhaps, a psychic dealt a special role in their mother's life.