It's Not Always Swell

JARETH'S POV
She's taking the shorter route? She doesn't even know where she's going!
Something inside of me just yelled her name. I wanted her to fail, but the thought of her sadness and frustration made me want her to succeed. I looked at the clock. It wouldn't hurt if I gave her five extra minutes...maybe ten?
Twenty extra minutes.
"Your highness, are you making her cheat?" I heard a goblin say. "It's my game," I said without looking at him. "I make the rules." "Whatever," the goblin groaned. "Where's the boy?" "I put him in the dungeon," I answered. "Not only is he incredibly annoying, but I can't stop thinking about how he hurt (Y/N)." As I finished, I suddenly realized how embarrassed I was to say it. But he didn't care and he left.
I walked to the basement where the dungeon was. The kid was trying to dig his way free. "Try all you want," I said, making him jump and turn around. "These walls heal within seconds." "Whatever," the boy groaned. "Get me out of here." I flung my cane under his chin, lifting his head up. "I will," I snapped. "In about 13 hours!" He started to struggle in frustration. "No damn way!" He growled. "That's too long!" I crouched down to his level, looking the boy dead in the eyes. He looked terrified, but was hiding it. "Keep complaining and I win by default!" I told him. "What?" The boy squeaked. I stood up.
"There are three players in the game: you, me, and (Y/N)," I stated. "If time runs out, both you and (Y/N) lose. If she makes it here before it does, I lose. You complain to much, only you lose." He looked at me with disgust in his face. "That's not fair!" He said. I began to walk away. "Well, get used to it," I said, leaving.

YOUR POV
Am I doing okay? I asked myself. I don't know.
This is the right way, right?
Something isn't right.
Maybe I'm crazy.
I'm probably crazy.
A feeling in my gut was telling me something was near by. So I mentally prepared myself to fight what would appear before me. I turned a corner and nothing was there. Chuckling in relief, I kept walking. "Having a good time?" A voice said to me, causing me to jump. I quckly turned aroud to see the goblin king again. "How long have you been standing there?" I asked. He smirked and shrugged. "It all depends," He said. "I could have just arrived. I could have been here for a while."
Slowly, he began to walk towards me, tapping his cane on the ground. "You just like to play the easy way with Jareth, don't you?" He said in a purr-like fashion. Jareth? I thought to myself. Who's Jareth? Is that his name? "This a game now?" I said skeptically, but still a little scared. At this point, I was up against the wall, his face mere inches from mine. There was a deep feeling in my chest causing my body to heat up and tremble. My stomach sank and my heart raced and my lungs almost forgot their job where my breathing had to be manual. "It can be," Jareth muttered in my face, his hot breath tickling my hair. He was a lot taller than me. "As a matter of fact, it's my game and I can make the rules." "What did you do?" I snapped, pushing myself away from the wall. well aware that if he says that, it means he probably did something. Jareth stepped forward again, but I prepared myself to hit the wall again - which was no longer there. I fell on the ground with an audible "oof" as Jareth towered over me. "Why don't you go on?" He said as I stood up, wiping the stone dust and branches off of my rear. I was about to walk beside him when I noticed that the pathway I walked down first was now a wall.
"What?" I whispered to myself, walking over to it, feeling that it was actally blocked off. "This was just a pathway twenty seconds ago!" "What are you talking about?" Jareth asked me. I could totally hear the smirk on his face. I turned around. "You were just down this way with me!" I snapped. I looked to my left where I knew I originally came from and it was just wall. The two of us were enclosed with one direction to go in. "This isn't...how can....what?" I couldn't find the words to properly say "this isn't supposed to be possible." Sighing, I finally made the decision to just keep going down the only way I could. "Are you doing thi--" I turned around only to find that Jareth had disappeared. I knew I told myself to expect the unexpected, but this was a whole new level.