Makes No Sense At All

I woke up on some sort of hard lumps. I tried to find my senses as to where I was. My head was pounding and my vision was blurry. I can pull myself together.
I'm on a pile of trash in a junkyard.
Something oozes in my hand.
I looked to see what it was and it was some peach with an inchworm crawling in it. Making a sound of disgust, I threw the fruit to another part of the junkyard. I wiped the infected peach juices off of my hands and pushed off a pile of trash to stand myself up in a stable manner when behind it, I heard a cry of frustration.
"Get off my back!"
Flinching to the sound of whatever it was, the trash pile turned around and there ended up being a small, scraggly woman looking up at me. I was about to apologize but she added "Why don't you look where you're going, young woman?"
"I was," I answered.
"Well then," the woman added as I was walking. "Where were you going?"
I thought about it for a moment.
"I don't know. I can't remember," I said. The junk lady said something along the lines of me not looking where I'm going if I don't know. Instead, I thought to myself.
"I think I was looking for something."
The lady tugged my shirt. "Well, I think I know where you can find whatever it is you're looking for," she said, walking in front of me to a pile of trash. On the front of it was a piece of cloth that was actually a curtain. I opened it up and saw it. My room. Home. Relieved, I went to my bed and laid on it, pressing my face in my pillow.

I raised my head and looked around. "Oh thank God," I thought out loud. "It was only a dream. I sat up on my knees and put my hands on my arms, still feeling the residue of whatever I felt. I got out of bed, ready to go get myself ready for something.
As I opened my door, Junk Lady was just standing outside. "Better to stay in here, dear," she quickly said while walking in. "There is nothing that you would want out there!" I shut my door behind her, freaking out at the fact that I really wasn't home. She began looking through my things as I sat at my bed. Each item she found of some value, she handed to me until a small pile was around me. With all I had, something still felt missing. On my nightstand was a small leather book. I reached over to it, reading out the words to a random page I flipped to.
"'Through dangers untold...and hardships unnumbered...I have...fought my way to the castle beyond...'" I trailed off. "What's the matter dearie? Don't you like all your things?" The trash lady said to me. "All of this..." I thought out loud. "It's all garbage!" I stood up as everything fell apart around me. My false room collapsed where a hole could be seen above my bed. I hopped on and hoisted myself out, realizing that I was just outside the goblin city.

I made my way to the entrance where a guard stood, fast asleep. Just be quiet, I thought to myself as I slowly opened the door and tiptoed in. Once I was past the guard, I made a run for the castle. Now was my chance to get the hell out of here.
But I don't wanna leave.
I should.
What the actual hell is wrong with me?