I Move the Stars for No One

With all my might, I pushed the doors open to the castle. This was it. Time for me to get that dickface and go home. Never thought I would smile thinking about that place. In front of me was a set of stairs, so I went up them. I heard commotion up the way. So this must be the right direction. As soon as I went up, there he was, chatting with his goblins. Jareth looked at me, a look in his eyes that seemed like he hated me but loved me. "You are dismissed," he said, not breaking eye contact. I stepped backwards only to realize he wasn't talking about me. I went back to my original spot. Jareth's lips turned into a slight smirk as he did a calm come hither motion with his finger. My legs started to take me over to him until I was right in front of his throne. Before I could say anything, he told me "Did you know that your lips taste like citrus?" At first, I didn't know what he meant, but my thoughts went back to the ballroom. The lights and dancing and the fact that I left him alone.
I glared at him. "Where is Cole?"
Jareth stood up. His gloved hand gently took my chin and lifted it so our eyes met. "Do you think that's a way to treat someone you owlsat for a night?" He said. My heart raced and beat out of my chest. "Besides, the boy is an annoying little rat. I couldn't bear to see him hurt you again." I agreed silently as he leaned down and kissed my forehead. My knees felt weak but I remained standing. I looked in his eyes and saw it. Pain. Solemn. But why? For me?
Jareth sat back down. "(Y/N), I know how you feel," he said, holding both of my hands. "My family gave up on me, the goblins were all I had, even then, it's lonely here. They aren't friends, (Y/N). I fell in love with another girl, but she didn't love me in the same way."
"Sarah?" I asked him?
He looked up. "What?"
"Sarah," I repeated. "Was that her name? She goes to my school."
Jareth nodded. "What a wise girl she is, but she broke my heart."
I wanted to comfort him in a way. But what if this is all a trap? The look in his eyes were so genuine, but I wasn't sure. "What are you telling me?"
His grip tightened. "I can bring him home, but the idea to stay is up to you," he told me. "As much as I love you, I understand that you have a family and a life to get to."
I felt the pain in my chest at his words. All he wanted was for someone to love him. As much as he understood, I still couldn't put all of my trust into him.
Dude, pull yourself together!
"Okay, listen," I said to him. "Technically, I completed the labyrinth within the time limit. I have well over five minutes left and I'm here. I won."
Jareth started to walk around me. "So that's it? All I've done, for naught?" He said.
"What are you talking about?" I answered. The most I've done for him was watch him while it rained overnight, and in return, he did do what I wanted him to. "What am I talking about?" He echoed in first person. "I took away the boy as you asked. I gave you extra time to solve the labyrinth. I changed your world; turned it upside down and did it all for you! In  return for what you did for me!" His voice went from trying to be comforting to annoyed the more he spoke. "I've tried to show you that you deserve better and you still want him back!" Jareth added. I felt my heart sink, my stomach along with it. A lump of air clogged my throat, I tried to swallow it away, but it wasn't worth it. This was a decision I had to make: go home with Cole, or send him home and I could stay. He could stay here, but I'm sure Jareth doesn't want him any more than I do. I did want to stay, but there were so many things I would miss out on.
At a loss for words, I told him "You pick."