Chapter Two

FRIENDSHIPS:
BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

II

HER TUTOR

ASTRID

"HEY, WATCH YOUR STEP!" she warned as someone accidentally bumped into her.

"Oh, I'm very sorry," the person apologized.

Astrid looked up, and her irritation softened into surprise when she saw the person's face. He was tall and undeniably attractive, standing at least four inches taller than her, making him approximately 6'1". He had a mop of auburn hair, forest green eyes behind thick glasses, freckles sprinkled across his face, and a lean physique. For a moment, she found herself captivated by his appearance until he spoke, snapping her back to reality.

"Oh, Astrid. It is you. I've been waiting for you for the past fifteen minutes," he said.

Wait, does this man know me? Astrid thought, then quickly remembered her reputation. "What?! Waiting for me? Why? Do I know you?" she asked, trying to recall if they had any prior interactions.

"Yeah, I've been waiting for you because I'm your tutor," he replied with a knowing smile.

Her eyes widened in realization. "Yup. I know you are thinking if I am Harper Haddock or Hiccup, as everyone calls me, Ms. Hofferson," he said, as if he could read her mind.

Astrid's mind momentarily drifted off as she noticed how puberty had been kind to him, making him quite attractive. 'Oh, the good gods! Damn puberty is good to him. H-he is v-very h-hot! Wait a minute... Don't get distracted, Astrid,' she reminded herself.

"So, Miss Hofferson," he started, but she cut him off with her trademark bluntness.

"Listen up, Haddock boy, don't waste my time and start teaching me so I can get out of this stupid tutor program. And, by the way, I am forced to be here with you," she retorted.

"Yeah, as if I wanted you here with me. Hell, no! Principal Sven persuaded me to help you. So, what now? Let's start catching up for your Physics subject and get your C grades back to A," he said.

"Okay. Whatever," she grumbled, reluctantly accepting her fate.

The two of them settled at an empty table near the back of the library, where Astrid found a surprisingly peaceful atmosphere conducive to studying. Hiccup handed her a thick book titled 'MOTION IN FOCUS,' explaining that it contained all the necessary lessons and was the best resource to help her understand physics better.