Chapter Four

FRIENDSHIPS:
BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

IV

THE CONSEQUENCES

ASTRID

"HEY, H-H-HEY H-H-HICCUP! N-nice t-to see y-you h-here," she stuttered, her nerves getting the best of her.

Hiccup, surprisingly calm, replied, "Of course, Astrid. I'm in this class too. I thought we could meet up at the library during breaktime."

"Oh. W-why? O-our n-next s-sessions a-are on T-thursday, r-right?" she stammered again, inwardly berating herself for her inability to speak smoothly.

"It's important. Don't ask any more questions," Hiccup said with an air of seriousness before leaving the room.

Astrid couldn't shake the feeling that whatever Hiccup wanted to discuss was significant and that it had something to do with her recent academic troubles.

BREAKTIME…

As Astrid made her way to the library to meet Hiccup, she was interrupted by Snotlout, who called out her name.

"Astrid!"

"Snotlout, what are you doing here?" she asked, trying to mask her irritation.

"Just going to invite you for a date. I know you can't resist all this," Snotlout boasted, flexing his biceps. "Anyway, what are you doing here at the nerd room?"

"First of all, never in a million years will I go out with you. Second, I'm not interested in all of that," she said, pointing at him. "And lastly, I'm here to meet my tutor."

"What, you have a tutor? And it's not me? Come on, who is it?" Snotlout inquired.

"It's none of your business," Astrid replied sternly, entering the library and leaving Snotlout behind.

oOo

SHAUN

'AS ASTRID ENTERED the library, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. Who could be her tutor? Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to follow her from a distance. I spotted her meeting Hiccup, and my blood boiled. That guy really got on my nerves, and I couldn't stand the thought of him spending time with my princess'.

oOo

HARPER

HICCUP WAITED PATIENTLY in the library for Astrid, hoping to address her failing grades in Physics. When she arrived, he immediately confronted her about the quiz results, her paper having a glaring F. "Astrid, I saw your quiz. Haven't I told you to review for your quiz?" he asked, a hint of concern in his voice.