Chapter Twelve

FRIENDSHIPS:

BUILT, REVIVED, AND EVOLVED

(A How To Train Your Dragon Fanfiction)

By: Astrid Camicazi N. Hofferson

Summary: Harper "Hiccup" Haddock is ditched by his best friend, Astrid Hofferson for fame and reputation. Can one event revive their friendship and make it even more? (MODERN AU!)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

A/N: English isn't my first language so please bear with me. Constructive criticisms are pretty much appreciated.

- HTTYD-

XII

FRIENDSHIPS, FORGIVENESS AND CONFESSION

DURING THE ENTIRE semestral break, the gang, alongside Hiccup, diligently pursued their plan, which was set to be put into action within the coming week or two. As time passed, they found themselves growing even closer, as if they had been lifelong friends, despite having collaborated for only three months to impart a certain lesson to someone. The plan was progressing remarkably well, with Hiccup's training and transformation showing promising results. They were all optimistic about the upcoming event.

One afternoon, as they gathered together to discuss their progress, Fiske couldn't believe that the plan's execution was just around the corner. "Guys, I can't believe it'll be next Monday, 4th of February, when we put the plan into action," he exclaimed.

"Time really flies," Heather added with a nod.

Tyler, ever the cautious one, voiced his concerns. "Can we really carry out this plan without any hiccups? No offense, Hiccup, but can we ensure its success?"

Astrid, always a staunch supporter of Harper, responded firmly, "Of course, we can. Harper will play his part, and the rest of us will do our best. Look at the progress he's made."

Feeling the sincerity in Astrid's words, Tyler apologized to Harper, "You're right, Astrid. Hiccup, I'm sorry for doubting you," he said, offering a reassuring pat on Harper's shoulders.

"It's okay. Apology accepted. To be honest, I'm nervous about it too," Harper admitted.

Riley, the encourager of the group, chimed in, "There's no need to be nervous. We got this!"

"But..." Harper began, trying to express his concerns, only to be silenced by the others' stern gazes.

"Come on, have faith in us," Astrid urged. "Repeat after me. We can do it!"

"We can do it!" they all echoed in unison.

"Louder!" she exclaimed.

"WE CAN DO IT!" they shouted with renewed determination.

"That's the spirit," Astrid grinned.

Tyler then suggested taking a break and having some fun. "What do you think, guys?"

Riley agreed, "I think that's a great idea, bro. What say you all?"