Chapter 16

He and Clare sat on the couch in front of his parents. Nobody had spoken just yet. Everyone in there was scared of breaking the silence they had made around them.

Finally Eli took the leap of faith and broke it.

"So I learned something interesting today." He said getting his parents attention. They were pretty sure they knew what was coming next.

"Oh really?" CeCe ask the one of the parents to talk. "And what was that?"

"That Edge may not be mine." Their eyes got big. This was not what they were expecting. They then calmed down. "They think he may be my identical twin brothers' son. All three of the kids are at Fiona's right now. You need to start explaining." He told them and they nodded.

"First off, yes you do have a twin brother. We didn't know you were identical. We've not really laid eyes on him." She said with Bullfrog agreeing.

"Your mom had a C-section done when she had you two. She couldn't push you out. Well, they took you guys back there, and we've not seen your brother since." He said and Eli's eyes got big.

"You mean to tell me, that I had a twin brother I knew nothing about, and he was kidnapped before you even got to lay eyes on him?" Eli asks making sure he had the story right. They nodded their heads. "Why didn't you tell me I had a twin brother?"

"Because we know you and you would've went looking for him. Eli we looked for years. We've still been looking not giving up hope on the return of your brother. He was gone without a trace. Nobody saw who took him or anything." CeCe said trying to explain it to the best of her abilities.

"Neither of my kids could be mine. Maslin and Zach already aren't mine, mom I don't want another one of my babies like that." And this was when Clare stepped in.

"Hey, all three of those kids are yours. Two of them may not be blood to you, and one you're not sure of anymore, but that doesn't stop them from calling you 'daddy'. It doesn't matter to them. They still see you as a dad." She told him and he nodded his head.

"But to know my kids may not be related by blood, it hurts. I don't want to have to worry about explaining it to them once they get older. I just want one kid that blood to me. Where I can actually say it's my kid." He said and Clare nodded her head.

"Do you tell everyone the other two are yours without a problem?" Clare asks and Eli nodded his head automatically. She smiled. "Then it won't be any different."

"Yes it will, because he'll be calling me Uncle Eli instead of Dad." That's when it got to Clare.

"It's not as much as he's not yours as its he could be your brothers. Is that what this is about?" Clare asks and Eli nodded.

"I don't know what to do. He wasn't ever blood yours so you're okay there, but my parents will still be his grandparents and shoot you could like my brother better and still be his step mom. I'm the one who gets changed from the tittle 'dad' to 'Uncle Eli'." He said and that's when she really saw his fears. She looked to his parents for help.

"Look me in the eyes Eli." He did as he was told. "For one, no one could change how I feel about you. It isn't happening. Two, okay so maybe he isn't yours, but at least he's still blood related. I'll never get to be related to him like that. Sure I can adopt him, but it isn't the same. And you don't know for fact he's not yours. He still could be. You just have to believe." She said and he smiled a little.

"You always make me feel better. We need to find him and see if we can't get all this sorted. I know I shouldn't but I'm going to anyway and dig her up and see as well." He told her and she nodded her head.