Chapter 1

This chapter is kinda a boring way to start it off because I have absolutely no way how to start stories off. I promise it gets interesting in the later chapters. I hope it's not too boring though.

Chapter 1: Shopping Spree
Beep Beep Beep
     "Ugh. Shut up you stupid alarm," I groaned as I was awoken from my sleep. I threw the covers off me and swung my feet over the side of the bed. I looked at my alarm clock again and gasped, "Oh Crap. Marce is supposed to be here soon and I haven't even gotten ready!" I rushed out of bed and to my bathroom to get ready. After quickly throwing on an outfit, brushing my hair, and other normal things, I went over to my phone.
    '3 missed calls from Bestie' it read.
     I called her back but no one picked up the phone. I sighed and went downstairs. "I may as well get some quick breakfast before she gets here," I thought.
     Suddenly two hands grabbed me from behind. "Hey."
    I screamed and out of instinct I elbowed whoever it was in the ribs and turned around quickly. "Oh. Its just you. Whats up?"
     "The ceiling." Marcie replied her normal sarcastic comments as she clutched her stomach. "Gosh. It's been awhile since the last time you hit me like that."
     I laughed and went to the kitchen to grab some food. "So, why are you intruding my home?"
     "Because you wouldn't pick up your phone. Also I just happen to have a spare key that you gave me."
     I rolled my eyes in response. "Anyways, Lets get going. We have to go shopping before I can start packing," I reminded her.
   So on we went to the mall. The whole time Marcie was teasing me about going shopping. she would say things like, 'Oooo. You probably want to go shopping so that you can be wearing something cute when you meet him for the second time." And although I keep denying it, that may or may not be part of the reason I agreed to go shopping. We had gone through quite few shops and I had already picked out a few outfits. Marcie on the other hand had only picked 2 outfits. I kept pestering her to buy more outfits, but the second she made another comment about my reason for going to the mall I shut up. After another one or two hours of shopping, we finally left.
   "That was successful right? We got so many cute outfits! I cant wait to wear them," I exclaimed.
    "Oh shut up. You sound like a mom. Lets get home, my feet are killing me," Marcie complained.
So home we went, jamming out to Neotheater and getting a few weird looks from the cars next to us at the stoplight. It was worth It though. I was having a good time, and that was all that mattered. Once Marcie dropped me home she went to her house so we could both finish packing. In a few days we were going to see our favorite band, AJR, live. this wasnt going to be our first concert, nor our first time seeing them live, but I was still excited nonetheless. I finished packing within an hour and was unsure what to do. It was only 2pm and I had no plans for the rest of the day. I decided to go for a walk; it was a nice day after all. So threw my suitcase next to my bedroom door and walked downstairs once again. After grabbing my keys, I headed out the door, making sure to lock it behind me.
I was 10 minutes into my walk before I decided that I would visit the local coffee shop for a drink. I did need some caffeine I guess. On my way there, I couldn't notice how much prettier everything looked today: the trees looked greener, the sky more blue, and the sun shining bright. Today seemed perfect and I don't think it could get any better. Once I arrived at the shop, I ordered a simple coffee and sat at a table alone. The place was pretty quiet and peaceful. Not many people came here on the weekdays. I was taking a sip of my drink and I heard a ding from the door. I didn't bother to look up, as it was probably just one of the regulars.
     "Hey Laura! How are you doing? I haven't seen you around here much." A familiar voice spoke.
     I glanced up to see my friend Tyrece slide in the booth seat across from me. He looked at me with his big brown eyes, waiting for a response.
     "Oh, hey there Ty! I didn't know you were working today. I'm doing just fine, with the occasional teasing from Marcie that is. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I've been super busy redecorating my house. What about you?"
     He laughed a bit and replied, "I've been doing good, per usual. Do you mind if I come back with you after my shift? Ya know, to see the new decorations and stuff. Oo, and maybe we can have a sleepover!" His voice got more excited with each word.
     Truth is, I haven't hung out with Tyrece in a while. I really had been busy and regretted not coming to see him more. Ty has been my friend since kindergarten, and I felt super bad for not hanging out more.
"So, do you think my outfit looks good? I've been working on my a new style lately. My old one was pretty boring," Tyrece inquired.
I looked Ty up and down as he stood up.
"Hell yeah, your lookin' fire!" I complimented. He had on a black long sleeved shirt, jean shorts, some black sneakers, and his dark blue uniform. It really complimented his dark hair and skin. And gay guy would be stupid not to go for Ty.
Tyrece and I continued to chat. I had just finished my drink and was about to get up to leave until I heard an all too familiar voice.
"So Adam, are you excited for the show?"
I was to intrigued and excited not to turn around, so I did. And out of the millions of people in this world, AJR was 2 booths behind us. I thought about getting up to say hi, but they seemed to be enjoying their time alone. I was going to be meeting them in two days, so I guess it wouldn't matter if I left them alone now. So I then told Tyrece to meet me at my house tonight for a sleepover, and I left the shop.
     As I walked home, the sun was setting. I hadn't realized how much time I had spent in there chatting with Tyrece. I hope he doesn't get in trouble like last time! Anyways, just as I had made it home, Ty texted me saying that he would be at my house in about 30 minutes. I replied back and started to get my place cleaned up.
     I sighed as I plopped down on my bed. I pulled out my phone and went on to Twitter .
     "Lmao the craziest thing happened today. I could've met AJR today but I didn't because I didn't wanna bother them. Plus, I am going to meet them at the concert in a few days, WHICH I STILL CANT BELIEVE IS HAPPENING! Did I make the right choice guys?????? Or did I miss out on an opportunity.."
I think also part of not meeting them was because I knew I would probably start hyperventilating or something right then and there. I really don't think I could handle meeting them at such a random moment that I had not yet prepared for.
A ring from the doorbell brought me out of my thoughts. "It's open!" I yelled as I then heard the door shut.
"Wassup!" I heard Tyrece yell, his voice echoed throughout the house. "I brought Marce alone if you don't mind. I thought it would be easier if we all just left from your house."
"Sounds good to me. Now why don't you guys put your stuff in the guest room. There's some surprises waiting for you on the bed," I spoke as I walked down the stairs.
"Suprises!" They simultaneously screamed as they bolted up the steps, bags in hand.
All I could do is laugh to myself and pulled out the nerf gun from under the couch cushion. Of course, I got the strongest one I owned.

1436 words