Chapter 8

Sorry that these chapters are a bit boring. I'm lowkey coming up with the story plot as I go 😅

Previously:
Soon, 2am came around and we still hadn't found anything. "Guys. Anything interesting yet?" I groaned.
"No," Tyrece replied, still looking at his computer.
"No- wait yes! I think I narrowed it down to a few people," Marcie said.
"Really!" The other two of us shouted, suprised.
"Yeah! I think we may have the missing piece to our puzzle."

Chapter 8: WHO?!!!
"Well? What did you find?" I asked as I rushed to Marce's side.
She pointed to the yellow sticky note beside her computer. It had a list of 5 names on it. I was very thankful that the list wasn't over 10, that would be quite a lot of people to go through.
The list read:
1: Jack
2: Ryan
3: Adam
4: JJ
5: Chris

"This is what you got?" Ty asked, as if he didn't really think these were the correct choices.
"You just picked the 5 people that would be impossible to be the correct answers!" I exclaimed.
Marcie just shook her head. "Do you really think I went through all this," she gestured to the many tabs open on her computer, "just to come up with stupid answers?!"
"She does have a point." I thought to myself.
"Well then, go on! Explain!" Ty demanded.
She smirked as if she knew something that we didn't. "It makes total sense. From the list of 5 we can cross out jack and Adam because they both have girlfriends, you haven't even had a conversation with JJ, and you've never met Chris. Our only option left is Ryan, the guy which you saw 2 days ago. He obviously seemed flustered when talking to you and he totally avoided eye contact. You both also did that stupid thing where you look at each other and then turn away whenever the other person looks. Honestly just get together already. Anyways, back to my point, although you've only met Ryan twice in person, he has recognized your art multiple times so he's sure to know who you are. Also, you have your main in your bio. It's quite likely that he has seen your main at least once. So no, my list isn't stupid and yes, I do work hard," she stated her whole paragraph like speech in a 'matter of factly' voice.
     It was quite funny to say the least but as she went on the smile on my face slowly dissipated. Marcie was right, and everything made sense. But the only thing left in my head was, "Why me?"

Im sorry for the short chapter.
I figured I could just get something out for you guys. It's only about 500 words even though it's technically 200. I'm juggling school and marching band since I quit ROTC but it's still a lot. Thank you all for being patient!

478 words