Chapter 2

Any merch mentioned in the story is linked at the top

Chapter 2: Road Trip
"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" A loud voice screamed in my ear.
     "Well shit Marcie, I'd like to be able to hear tonight," I complained.
     I rubbed my ear and sat up in bed. It took me a moment to remember last nights events. The last thing I could remember was shooting both Tyrece and Marcie in the head with nerf bullets. I could care less to be honest, all that mattered was that I had fun.
     "Now could you guys get out so I can get ready please?" I asked nicely.
     "It's not like I haven't seen you get changed before,"Marce commented.
     I glared at her. "Well Ty hasn't so get out," I groaned and pushed them out of the room.
     I then proceeded to get ready, taking longer than usual just to annoy the restless duo. We didn't have much of a plan today except going to the concert, so I was hoping that they could come up with something to do.
     "Something smells good," I said as the smells of bacon and pancakes filled the kitchen.
     "Just your favorite breakfast for our favorite person!" Tyrece spoke as he set the final plate down on the table.
     "This better not be poisoned." I poked the food with my fork a few times. "I'm surprised you guys didn't burn the house down."
"Oh come on! Our cooking skills aren't that bad," Marcie complained with a pouty look on her face.
"Whatever, lets dig in!" Tyrece shouted as he started to eat.
Marce and I laughed, then we started to eat too.

Some time later

"Get in the car losers!" I shouted. Marcie and Tyrece were taking to long. We were going to be behind schedule if they didn't hurry their asses up.
     "Okay! Okay! We're hurrying up!" Marcie yelled as she slid into the passenger seat.
     Tyrece quickly sat in the drivers seat and turned on the car. I got the back seat all to myself, per usual. They said that since I was youngest I had to sit in the back. I didn't mind it though; the more leg room, the better.
     We were cruising down the highway while blasting AJR and singing along. There was a lot more traffic than we anticipated so we're lucky I made us leave earlier than usual. We probably looked like idiots to the people in the cars next to us, but it was no big deal. I started flipping through my pages of fanart that I had for the boys. I hoped that they appreciated the time I spent into these: many sleepless nights and hand cramps. Marce made small cardboard gifts for them, since she was the more crafty type of the three. Tyrece didn't really know what to make so he decided on making cupcakes this morning. I was in charge of making sure the gifts were safe. We obviously couldn't put them in the back with our bags, they could get ruined.
I was getting kind of bored so I opened Twitter and took a selfie with the caption, "On our way to the hotel! Neotheater on blast! Can't wait to see @AJRbrothers tonight at their concert! Got gifts for the meet and greet!"
In the photo I scribbled out the gifts just enough so you couldn't tell what they were. You could obviously see Marcie and Tyrece jamming it out in the front seats. I was beyond excited for tonight, I just hoped we could get baracade. I decided to check the responses to my tweet from yesterday. They were all pretty positive!
A few of the comments were:
@AJRfanpage: 'omg that's so nice of you to do that!'
@UrMomGae: 'you should've just met them! They said they love meeting fans!'
@BoiWeStanAJR: 'skskk, you made a good choice!'
I was quite nervous for tonight, so turned off my phone and turned my attention back to the music. Pitchfork kids started playing and that's when I started to really sing along. We had already played Neotheater so we decided to move onto other albums for now.
"I know they're coming for me, we're not the pitchfork kids," the three of us sang in unison. It's then when I knew that today was gonna be just fine.

At the hotel

We had finally arrived at the hotel. Thankfully traffic had died down a bit near the end of our road trip so it took less time than we anticipated. It was 3:30 and that means we still had some time to get ready. We just finished putting our bags away when Marcie pushes me out of her way.
     "I call the bathroom first!" She demanded.
     All I could do was shake my head and laugh. Marcie took the least amount of time in the bathroom, even Ty took longer than both of us, so she always called the bathroom first.
     "Laura, which outfit should I go with? The one similar to my outfit from yesterday or my outfit with the 'Weak' T-shirt?" Tyrece asked.
     I turned around and looked at the two articles of clothing he was holding up. "The AJR one obviously, I though we were all going to be wearing merch?"
     "Oh, right. Lmao I forgo-"
     "IM DONE BITCHES!" Marce inturupted, giving us the scare of a lifetime. "How do I look?"
     She was wearing the pink sleeveless flower shirt with some slightly toned down pink jeans. She had on white socks as was going to wear her white shoes to go with the outfit. The pink really went well with her tanned skin, blue eyes, and dyed pastel pink hair. She had on white eyeshadow.
     "Lookin' good!" I commented. "I call the bathroom second though!"
I quickly grabbed my stuff from my bag and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and undressed. I grabbed my Neotheater sweatshirt and pulled it over my head. I then pulled on my black socks and black jeans. I put on little to no makeup, just some mascara. I then finished everything else I needed to do. I left the bathroom to find Tyrece waiting outside the door.
"Girl!!! Your lookin hot!" He commented and gave me a high-five.
I smiled at him. "Hurry up slowpoke, we don't have much time."
"Your the slowpoke!" Ty spoke as he rushed into the bathroom.
     "How long do you wanna bet he's gonna be in there?" Marcie said.
     I shrugged and jumped onto the bed. I started to feel nervous again. This was going to be my second time meeting them, I shouldn't be nervous, right? We
But for some reason I was, and I couldn't help it. Listening to AJR usually helped me calm down but I felt like this time it would make things worse. Would they remember me? No, of course not it's been 2 years. I wasn't special to them in any way, just another fan obviously. Being friends with them would be a dream, or even just having them remember who I was would be amazing. I know that Adam had shared my art on his Instagram story a few times, and I freaked out so much that day.
     The sound of the bathroom door clicking made me turn towards the door. Tyrece came out in a 'weak' T-shirt, black jeans, winged eyeliner, black socks, and was going to wear some black sneakers. The black really complimented his dark skin well.
I gave Ty a thumbs up and said, "Emo bros!"
"Emo bros!" he repeated with a lot more excitement than I had.
We then put on our shoes and left the hotel room. I made sure we had the gifts and then I jumped into the back seat of our car. The other two climbed into the front seats right after me.
"Lets get this show on the road!" Marcie yelled.
And so we did.
30 minutes later and we arrived at the center where they were holding the concert. We didn't really know what to do because things had changed since our last concert. Luckily there were signs everywhere. To our left was where the people with normal tickets could go if they arrived early and to our right was where the people with meet and greet/VIP tickets would go. So we went right. There were guards who scanned our tickets to make sure that we weren't trying to sneak in. After going through a brief security check, we were allowed in. There was quite a line because we were late. We had tried to get there early but traffic made that very difficult. We stood in line with our gifts in hand, and I kept fiddling with the 5 small folders that I had in my hands. The closer we moved, the more nervous I got. We were the last ones in line, it had been about 10 minutes and no one else had walked in the door.
     Out of the corner of my eye I say Tyrece glance at Marcie and then at me. "Hey, are you good?" Ty asked.
     I looked up at him. "I think so? I'm just kind of nervous. I'm not sure why though. I have no reason to be."
     "You'll be just fine hun," Marce assured me. "Your meeting your favorite people, besides us. You should be excited!"
     "Your right, I should. Thanks guys," I said as more reassuring for myself rather than for them.
     I stopped messing with the edge of the folders and looked around the room. Well I looked everywhere instead of in front of me. I was still a bit nervous, but not as much as I was a few minutes ago. I could hear people talking but I couldn't make out the words. Suddenly, I heard a voice that sounded way closer than I thought it should.
     "Oh hey! I remember you guys!"

1661 words