A.K. Entry #1

yeah I'm calling them A.K. entries lmao
these are relatively short btw

(A.K.'s POV)

[Age: 13]
[Status: Quiet]

Pau and I sit in wait for our target to leave the building below. Idly resting on top of a different building's roof. I squat against the wall surrounding the staircase leading downstairs while he leans against it. Lighting a slightly bent cigarette, he takes a deep inhale before letting the smoke out in a stream. I unwrap a lollipop and stick it in my mouth. A silence hangs around us, only the wind whistling in the night sky.

"Hey, A.K., I just realized...you never really told us about your family, huh?" Pau says with a gruff voice, trying to strike up conversation. I glance at him, looking away once more. I nod and continue to suck on my lollipop, letting my hat shadow over my face.
"Is there anything to say?" Pau asks with a hint of concern. I pop out my lolly and sigh.

"I don't know...I don't think there's that much to say," I mumble. "I had my mom, but she was always busy."
"Really? What about your dad?" I tilt my head to look at him.
"Never met him. Left immediately once he knew my mom was pregnant." Silence falls.

"Don't give me any pity, it's not gonna help or make a difference to my family history." I tell him coldly, as soon as I caught a glint of pity in his eyes. He scoffs.
"I know you're tough, but you don't have to be like this all the time, kid." He says with a smile, smoke clouding out his mouth. I hum and lick my lollipop. A moment passes.

"You don't miss her or anything?" Pau asks quietly. I fall silent. Subconsciously, I bring a hand up, rubbing the bandage on my face. I let out a small sigh.
"Of course I miss her, she just-" I rub at my eye. "..She wasn't the best parent, I guess." He hums in confusion.
"Care to elaborate?"

"Had no time for me, working all the time. She said that she worked so hard to support us." I mutter then scoff. "What a lie.." Pau raises one of his huge eyebrows. He made no move to pry more information. He exhales more smoke, dropping the burnt cig and crushing it with the heel of his boot.

"Well-" He sighs. "I think the commander is leaving now." He says while pushing off the wall. I follow him, standing up and grabbing the sniper rifle R.L. provided us with. I walk to the building edge and get to work on setting up the gun. Pau keeps lookout and makes sure that the target is on the right path. He glances over to me. I give a thumbs up as I finish setting up. I spy through the scope and notice the commander come close to the glass doors.

I quickly aim at his head and wait for the signal to shoot. Once he opens the doors, I rest my finger on the trigger, pressure increasing.
"Go."
I press down, the commander goes down without much effort. Yells of surprise and panic.

"Nice job, kid. Let's get back to the base." Pau says, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod and swiftly stow away the gun in a case. I snatch it up and we walk down the building without a second glance back.

Another job done. More emotions to suppress.

a/n:
who needs editing amiright—